Need help fast!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
I just started this brew. What all do i need to change for a 3 gal. boil. not a 5
Thanks
A ProMash Recipe Report
Recipe Specifics
----------------
Batch Size (Gal): 5.5 Wort Size (Gal): 5.5
Total Grain (Lbs): 9.50
Anticipated OG: 1.048 Plato: 11.82
Anticipated SRM: 3.7
Anticipated IBU: 13.9
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70 %
Wort Boil Time: 75 Minutes

Grain/Extract/Sugar
% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.50 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row) America 1.036 2
3.00 lbs. Soft White Wheat Malt America 1.040 3

Hops
Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.25 oz. Magnum Whole 14.00 11.4 60 min.
0.25 oz. Magnum Whole 14.00 2.3 5 min.
0.25 oz. Simcoe Whole 14.00 2.3 5 min.

Yeast
-----
White Labs WLP320 American Hefeweizen Ale

For extract brewers, sub in 4.0 lbs. light DME, 1.5 lbs wheat LME/DME, and steep 1 lb. flaked wheat with some DME at 150°ish for about 15-30 mins.

This is assuming you have Promash based on your recipe output you provided. Open up the recipe and click the lock ingredients to batch size box. Change the batch size to 3 gal and it'll adjust all the ingredients for you. File-Save As your new 3 gallon version.

boil sorry, I just heard that i might need to change the hop amounts. This is Dudes Boulevard wheat recipe.

I don't think you need to change it; you're topping off to make 5g then?

Not for that low a level, but if you are really concerned throw in another 0.10 oz. at 60.

Yes i am toping off. Seemed like people on here said that doing this will change things. Oh well im sure it will be fine. Im about to put in my first hop addition,.

Since you're not using much hops to begin with I think you'll be okay. For future reference, boil volume does affect hop utilization even when topping off in the fermenter. Next time just adjust the boil volume in promash.

Thanks, If this batch does not get infected i will be amazed. I got out of sync when it came for pouring it in and all the other crap.

Back