Honeywell Thermostat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtorreliog

Reaction score
I have attempted to build the 38DD Mother of Fermentation Chamber with many hiccups and lots of trips back and forth to Lowes and CompUSA.

My current problem is finding the thermistor on the Honeywell Thermostat RTHL111B circuitboard

image-3489456305.jpg

Maybe there isn't one or I am just blind. I have no hands-on electrical experience so this has been trial and error trying to wire my fan to the thermostat. I finally wired it right last night so that it will run automatically, now I just need help to find the temp sensor. Or should it just toss the thermostat inside the 38DD Mother of Fermentation Chamber?

PS please keep explanation child simple ages 10-12

Thanks in Advance

image-2348840177.jpg

It depends on the model of the t stat. Not all of them have thermistor connections. Alot of times they will be identified with a s1 and s2 label. I guess you could try to locate it on the board and solder yours on instead but that might not be something you want to do. Hope this helps a little

Mknox4354 said:
It depends on the model of the t stat. Not all of them have thermistor connections. Alot of times they will be identified with a s1 and s2 label. I guess you could try to locate it on the board and solder yours on instead but that might not be something you want to do. Hope this helps a little

I found S1

image-3878409579.jpg

Also found S2

image-4188535055.jpg

It doesn't look like I can pull them off to do what you suggested. I guess I'll just have to put the thermostat in the box.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

They make t stay that have easy thermistor connections. People use these alot if they want the stat to read a certain area but not have the stat there. Basically what you want do. I know most of Honeywell newer stats have this feature. Maybe not the bottom of the line models though

Back