My first AG batch (go ahead, laugh at - not with - me)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
I recently posted about my misadventures of my first all grain batch (Jamil's Belgian golden strong). I have now gone into more detail with a blog entry - feel free to read it (and laugh at me).

tl;dr version - forgot the propane, cooked my hand, missed volume and gravity, made beer.

For the record, fermentation seems to have gone quite well to date. I expect that this yeast (WLP570) will flocculate out sometime in 2017. ;)

Your first AG experience was pretty mild, actually. Other than missing the mash temps by a significant margin, you did pretty good. You should be proud.

Your first AG experience was pretty mild, actually. Other than missing the mash temps by a significant margin, you did pretty good. You should be proud.

I feel pretty good about it, really. And honestly, I didn't miss by that much - that eight degrees difference was measured after a little over 120 minutes.

Of course, I did brew something that'll take forever to be drinkable...

Back