Keg stuck from hops.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangebrewer

Reaction score
I did not have a mesh bag when I dry hopped my brew so I decided to try throwing the pellet hops in. When I siphoned the beer to the keg it brought alot of the hops over and now it's gumming up my picnic tap. Theres only about a gallon of beer left in the keg and it's gotten so bad I cannot even pull any out. I unplugged the lines and it plugs right up again. Any suggestions? I do not really want to throw this delicious beer away.

This happens from time to time with some of my beers.
The first time it happend I usually pull off the gas line of the keg, and run gas into the beer line for a few seconds to try and push the hops out of the poppet valve and the dip tube.

If that fails, then you'll need to remove the Keg plug assembly, poppet valve, and dip tube. Clean and flush out the assembly, Poppet valve, and dip tube with a little PBW, rinse, sanitize and re-install.

I ripped everything apart, cleaned and zip tied a filter bag to the dip tube and it works like a charm. Now it's time to consume the rest of this beer :rockin:

Latest posts

Back