SS brew tech fermenter - questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRTurner1234

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking about buying an SS fermenter.

As they (1) stand on the floor and (2) look pretty heavy, what is the best way to get the fermented beer out and into my priming bucket?

Thanks,
JT

What size? i have a 14 gallon SS brewtech and I placed it onto a wood bench I built. I pump wort into it with my chugger from the kettle and when I am ready to keg, since it's up on a bench, I gravity drain from fermenter to keg.

The 7 gallon fermenters are not that heavy - maybe 50 lbs total for a 5 gallon batch. I usually host mine up on a workbench and use gravity to drain into my priming bucket.

I just got my 14 gallon Brewmaster Edition Chronical and did a complete assembly, disassembly and overview video on it. I posted it to YouTube, about 34 minutes of video so quite long but worth a watch. https://youtu.be/If2VDZFjoqQ

Also, you're going to have to buy additional fittings to connect everything up to the fermentor if you're going to bottom up fill as you should to avoid airborne contaminants. I'd recommend a hose barb to 1.5" triclamp for the brewmaster edition.

My only question is why wouldn't you just use the fermentor as the priming bucket and then transfer into bottles directly from the fermentor? You can use gravity to fill the bottles directly below the racking arm on the ground or hook a CO2 bottle and pressurize the fermentor to 1-2 PSI to get it up to table level.

Let me know if you'd like any additional information and enjoy that fermentor if you decide to purchase it!

Back