need to use up some centennial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBeerBaron

Reaction score
I know, nice problem to have so...

does anyone have a really nice all centennial IPA recipe? I like a nice 2 hearted as much as anything and have seen several clone recipes, but I think I am looking for something a little bigger. I think I have 7 ozs but certainly don't need to use them all. Any help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Ruination is all centennial and bigger than two hearted, and clone recipes are easy to find.

Alternately, start with two hearted, going 25% bigger on OG and IBU, but keep the bittering addition the same and get all of the extra IBUs from bigger late additions.

The beefed up 2 hearted sounds exactly what I'm in the mood for. Quickly just plugging things into beersmith this is probably what I'll go with.

OG 1.071
79.5 IBUs

11 lbs 2 row
2 lbs vienna
1 lb cara10

.5 centennial @ 60
.5 centennial @ 45
1 centennial @ 30
2 centennial @ 10
2 centennial @ 1

If you do the above, you'll have 1oz that is going to feel lonely. I'd throw it in there somewhere!
Tom

I would go with the two hearted beefed up. I just brewed the regular two hearted ale and it came out awesome. I wouldn't mind adding 2 more oz or so of Centennials. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Ruination is all centennial and bigger than two hearted, and clone recipes are easy to find.

Alternately, start with two hearted, going 25% bigger on OG and IBU, but keep the bittering addition the same and get all of the extra IBUs from bigger late additions.

the BYO recipe for Ruination has Magnum for bittering and centennial from then on

36 AAU magnum @ 90
16 AAU Cent @ 15
2oz Cent for dry hop.

Back