Tonight's Brew Selection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
After reading about the supposed glow in the dark Dead Guy Ale growlers earlier today I went looking for them. Found the Dead Guy growler, and it glows in the dark. Also picked up the Hobgoblin since it's gotten great reviews around here. And you can never go wrong with the Trappistes Rochefort, though I've only had the 6.

I'll update as I drink, gotta eat my Whopper to lay down the proper beer drinking foundation first:D

beer4.jpg

Is that so you can see it if the light in your fridge goes out? :D

Nice selection for the evening.

Well, needless to say I never got around to finishing my critiques lastnight. Too busy watching the ALCS and getting druck.

The Hobgoblin was great, vaguely like a Newcastle but 47 times better.

The Rochefort is quite possibly my new favorite beer. It really is what great beer should taste like, too bad it was $5 a bottle...

cnbudz said:
Well, needless to say I never got around to finishing my critiques lastnight. Too busy watching the ALCS and getting druck.

The Hobgoblin was great, vaguely like a Newcastle but 47 times better.

The Rochefort is quite possibly my new favorite beer. It really is what great beer should taste like, too bad it was $5 a bottle...

I found Hobgoblin to be 48 times better than Newcastle ;)

cnbudz said:

WTF, you pay $5 for a beer at the bar and it no where as good as that!

Where to find that growler around here....looks neat, probably tastes awesome as well!

cnbudz said:

That is my all time fav. beer. too bad they quit importing them to Texas. I have 4 left though, bought the store out of them a few months ago.

Looks good! I saw some rogue brews and the hobgoblin at my liquor store tonight - I'm going to have to head back there and grab some one day!

While I was there I got some Ayinger Brau-Weisse and some Tucher Helles Hefe Weizen to compare my hefe against. I used WLP351 which has big clove notes with little to no banana, and I've heard that is similar to the Tucher, so I'll compare those two first.

Looks to be a good night for everyone!

Back