What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late Valentines dinner, so I made some BBQ coated Jonah crab claws.
For dessert having Cerveza Cucapa (from Baja Mexico) Lowrider Rye. Nice malty and good rye spice. The fiancee is having Creme Brulee (aka Diabeetus)

Mmmmmm, I love diabeetus.

Have you had anything from Thai Me Up in Jackson? Check out the hop union website for their clone of 2x4. I scaled it back from an imperial IPA and brewed it last weekend. It smells incredible right now I can't wait until its done.

No, I've never heard of them. I'm assuming it's a limited distribution?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392692602.757825.jpg
Drinking a Terrapin Wake-n-Bake while admiring this behemoth of a trade box I just packed.

Night-time Robitussin. Beer + medicine = one hell of a buzz.

Night.

Having a homebrew. that is over a year old. It's a Stout(8.8%ABV). Low carbonation, thin head. Juicy and fruity, yet bitter and roasty. us-05 yeast.

Wow, what's the abv on that?

Haha like 10.5%! I brewed mine to 1.062 and still had over 100 IBUs.

He's from the Oregon/Washington area and they are distributing beers to a few bars out there and one or two in Denver. I agree it would be nice to see some start showing up in the state first.

Haha like 10.5%! I brewed mine to 1.062 and still had over 100 IBUs.

He's from the Oregon/Washington area and they are distributing beers to a few bars out there and one or two in Denver. I agree it would be nice to see some start showing up in the state first.

Hmm, the late warrior hops is interesting. I'm curious how that smells and tastes

So started off the night with Prairie Somewhere. That was good, nice brett and sour flavors. Once it warmed up the overall balance came through beautifully.

Then went on to Roscoe's Pale Ale. Well it's from NY and not widely distributed here in Texas. Yup, oxidized to hell. Had to pour it.

On to No Label 1st Street Ale (blonde ale). Tagline is "Our love letter to Katy, made with a touch of rice". Holy crap this tastes like a strong version of Budweiser with a little bit of a roasty flavor. Not sure if I should pout this out, heavily debating it.

How are you liking it? I saw that but didn't pick it up.

It's not bad. Nice roasty porter. It finishes maybe a little too sweet, but not bad. It doesn't scream white chocolate, but it does come through in the finish and aftertaste. I say it's definitely worth picking up. I grabbed two of them and I'm glad I did.

Hmm, the late warrior hops is interesting. I'm curious how that smells and tastes

It smelled really citrusy when it was fermenting. I'm racking to secondary tomorrow night and dry hopping with 1.5 oz each simcoe and citra. I'll let you know how it tastes

Finally! After two disappointing IPAs and a saison (not disappointing, but not what I was in the mood for), I cracked open something with some hop flavor.

DSC_0701-XL.jpg

Not a very complex beer, but it has a bit of the hoppiness I was craving tonight.

Yet another way overcarbed beer tonight!

What the hell!?! I know how to properly pour a beer. I've only ran into a small handful of beers this overly carbed in my entire life, now two beers from two different breweries in one night? WTF?

River Horse Hop Hazard

DSC_0703-XL.jpg

It's actually a really tasty beer with a thick maltiness, but not very hoppy. I should have read the label more carefully. It says “Lets get it straight, Hop Hazard is an American Pale Ale. That means it’s balanced with hops, not buried in them. Here’s to Independence!” With a name like Hop Hazard, I figured it would be a hoppy beer. Hmm.

Yet another way overcarbed beer tonight!

What the hell!?! I know how to properly pour a beer. I've only ran into a small handful of beers this overly carbed in my entire life, now two beers from two different breweries in one night? WTF?

River Horse Hop Hazard

DSC_0703-XL.jpg

It's actually a really tasty beer with a thick maltiness, but not very hoppy. I should have read the label more carefully. It says “Lets get it straight, Hop Hazard is an American Pale Ale. That means it’s balanced with hops, not buried in them. Here’s to Independence!” With a name like Hop Hazard, I figured it would be a hoppy beer. Hmm.

Or at least hazardous to open.

Meant to go to bed. Went downstairs to put wood in the stove, took a wrong turn and ended up with a 750 of BPA. Whoops.

Or at least hazardous to open.

Meant to go to bed. Went downstairs to put wood in the stove, took a wrong turn and ended up with a 750 of BPA. Whoops.

Sounds to me like you took the correct turn.
I would do the same but I have to turn in. 5:00 will come too early I'm afraid.

Alternating between Orabelle and Lasso (on tap) while doing the laundry. I love GD's beers and love that I have them on tap in the keezer

Had to wake a roomate to help my rear wheel drive car make it up the driveway this morning. I know I know, I should have gotten my SUV tagged so that I had a winter vehicle, but with how lame our winters have been recently I figured why worry about it. On to my 3rd cup of coffee as I brewed a darn tasty pot this morning.

On the plus side it is supposed to hit the 50s today and be in the 60s the rest of the week. Might have some brewing to do.

Airport coffee while waiting to board my later flight. Got a notification last night at 11 pm that my flight today was canceled. Had to switch but feel lucky that I got something at all. Upside, I got to sleep in a little more. Downside, now it's a connecting flight. Effing snow.

Thinking about what to brew next. Want to brew a mild, but have a bunch of hops in the freezer that I need to use. Maybe another smash...

More Coff. About to strap on the snowboard in a bit and take some runs in my backyard. Not kidding, either.

Back