Overcarbed beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abrew2u

Reaction score
EVery time I pour a beer out of my new keezer I get 1/2 to a 1/3 glass of foam.It seems like the co2is getting forced out of the beer.
Co2 is set at 12 psi 10 foot beer lines 3/16 do need to serve at a lower pressure.
Also if I carb at 12 and and serve at 8 will the kegs stay carbed at 12 or will the pressure be lowered in the keg. Oh I use the set it and forget it method.

What kind of faucet are you using (cobra, tower, collar mount) and how cold do you hold the kegs?

If you drop the carbonation pressure below the level you carbed at (assuming consistent temperature) eventually the beer left in the keg will lose carbonation. As you draw beer out the head space increases, the pressure is lower, so the dissolved CO2 will come out of solution until the partial pressures are equalized...

Cheers!

I have a coffin keezer and I hold the temps set at 36 with a 4 degree variable

If you pour two beers from the same faucet, one right after the other, does the second one have the same amount of foam? If the second beer pours nicely, the coffin is probably too warm.

Back