Best Premium Wine making Kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomtown25

Reaction score
My friend and I love red wines, our most favorite are red river pinot noirs. We love Bell Glos and Meiomi. We have been contemplating buying a premium red wine kit which is closest to this style. We want to pay between $150-$200 for the kit. We considered buying frozen must from Russian River valley, but have decided that we are too inexperienced to deal with Ph and adding necessary chemicals to wait as long as we need to only to find out we need more experience for the wine we want. Knowing that kits come with chemicals already added to deal with the "pre fermenation issues" we have decided to go the high end kit route. Can anyone suggest a "great pinot noir kit"? (and yes, I know taste lies in the taster). Also, if I recall correctly it seems like Cabs take nearly three years to age to good taste, but I have heard Shiraz and Pinot Noirs are good in a year. Is this accurate? Thanks in advance to any responses.

Back