Who has all the Nottingham??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewt00l

Reaction score
My last order with AHS wound up short two packs of Nottingham with an out of stock note. Stopped by my LHBS and they were out of Nottingham too.

Anyone else finding this?

I confess, it's me.

Hehe. Actually I have 1 pack. At one point in the past I remember a supply issue with the HBS I was using. LD Carlson was their supplier, and they were out.

same problem at my lhbs this past weekend. no nottingham so they recommended safale 04 instead. hopefully it won't make a big difference to the old speckled hen attempt.

cd2448 said:
same problem at my lhbs this past weekend. no nottingham so they recommended safale 04 instead. hopefully it won't make a big difference to the old speckled hen attempt.

odd, I would have figured they would sub US05 over S04....04 is generally more estery and attenuates lower than Nottingham or US05. You might want to keep it on the cooler side of the temps to keep the fruity esters to a minimum & aerate well to encourage a healthy ferment. YMMV

cd2448 said:

This is an incredible yeast! The sediment is so compact that nothing ran out of the pour in around 2 weeks after I bottled a brew I did with it. Very clean, good attenuation, but man that sediment compaction is amazing! You know like when you pour a bottle conditioned beer and you can see the 'trail' of yeast starting to follow out the pour? Well, with this yeast, I can just pour straight into the glass the whole bottle and NOTHING comes out. Really highly recommended. I am a huge fan of Fermentis's product line.

zoebisch01 said:
This is an incredible yeast! The sediment is so compact that nothing ran out of the pour in around 2 weeks after I bottled a brew I did with it. Very clean, good attenuation, but man that sediment compaction is amazing! You know like when you pour a bottle conditioned beer and you can see the 'trail' of yeast starting to follow out the pour? Well, with this yeast, I can just pour straight into the glass the whole bottle and NOTHING comes out. Really highly recommended. I am a huge fan of Fermentis's product line.

Tru dat...it does floc very nicely.

LHBS had a bunch in stock last friday..... but they have been out of S-04 for months, and are subbing US-05 for anyone asking for it.

Latest posts

Back