Piggly Wiggly now has their own brand of beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Wonder if they'll sell it in their NC stores? Right now, they sell no beer at all at the Pig.

...or the original German brew made from partly baked barley loaves & water that the invading Romans called "pig swill"?:D

I'll try to reserve judgement. It is only fair to give all brewers a chance to make a good product. It's about the beer, not idealistic philosophies.

Reminds me of porkslap ale,something i may never be able to try from the east coast.Im shure porkslap is better than that though. It also remids me of some cheap stuff at Walgreens here which now sells some cheaply priced beer(something-flatts) i may have to do some research and pick some up.

My non-homebrewing friend picked up a 6'er of the Pig Tail Ale.

It was a bit high on carbonation, but no gushing occurred.

Upon pouring and tasting, this appears to be an Irish Red, somewhat akin to Smithwick's but a bit heavier on the roasted barley. Medium brown with reddish hues. 5.5% ABV.

I would give this a 7/10. An enjoyable beer, certainly not a GABF first place contender but very drinkable.

2301uf.jpg

2lxum4w.jpg

M_C

Latest posts

Back