golden gate coupler -- should i sell or keep?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollsa

Reaction score
so i just bought an old kegerator last saturday with the provision that i take the seller's shoe-box o' parts and sundries off his hands.

amongst the sordid grunge, much to my joy, was a golden gate coupler (tap-rite), in pretty decent shape, considering.

on the one hand, i'm thinking someone out there might really need it and put it to good use. on the other, part of me is thinking maybe i'll brew a cask conditioned ale one of these days. or, who knows, maybe someone will bring a keg over (like they did for my bday bash!) needing this kind of coupler.

if you came into one of these beauties, would you hoard it? would you covet it? or would you make some bank?:drunk:

maybe i shoulda posted this in the equipment area. anyone have any thoughts about using one of these vintage couplers?:mug:

Well, your thread title is descriptive enough...... I will give you a free bump here.
Maybe someone will see it that can give you some advice. I am afraid I can't help you.

I think the Big Time brewpub in Seattle uses Golden Gate kegs (I overheard that conversation at my LHBS!). I have absolutely no clue as to where or how they get their supplies, but if you were looking to sell an email or call probably wouldn't hurt. I just looked at their "to go" page and it looks like GG kegs sitting there to me.

hmm, thanks for the tip, gplutt. and thanks, bull8042. all things in good time. it's a happy problem, as my mom would say.

McMennamins as I recall uses GG taps, so idk, maybe someone in Portland would want a keg from them...or maybe not.

yeah that's why i was looking for one. cause their kegs are like $100 plus deposit for any beer and they charge a big deposit for the taps

Back