Add water or leave be

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colaarmbar

Reaction score
Ok I did a recipe that makes two gallons of beer. Well I boiled a little bit more than I was supposed too and now I have one gallon of beer. Didn't notice until I got out two one gallon carboys and found out that just had enough to to almost fill one. So should I add enough water to this to make it two gallons or just leave it the way it is?

No it is ready to bottle now. So next time if it happens I need to add the water before pitching yeast?

never add water after adding yeast. adding it after fermentation starts oxygenates it, and you don't want to add oxygen after fermentation starts. leads to bad taste

@haputanias. No because it was a mr beer can kit didn't think too. It is some Canadian draft lager I think it said.

Colaarmbar said:
@haputanias. No because it was a mr beer can kit didn't think too. It is some Canadian draft lager I think it said.

Then It's gonna be hard to help you beyond what Revvy's already said.

Back