Just had to show off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rglbegl

Reaction score
This is my first thread here, and I wanted to use it to show off my new toy.
I have a couple 5 gallon kegs, and a buddy of mine stole one from me for a while. When he brought it back, it looked like this;

SDC10086.jpg

So now when you open the fridge to get a beer (ya, you gotta open the fridge in my house) you see this beautifully painted keg

So what do you all think???

EDIT - #2 is done now

SDC10145.jpg

Shot of both together

SDC10147.jpg

My buddy is an automotive painter, so he used really good paint and a ton of clear coat. It should hold up as well as a car in the snow, so fridging it (hopefully) wont be a problem.

And no, it wasn't full when he stole it, but it is now. :)

I was actually thinking about painting the other one with the skull and crossbones, and alabeling it 'poison'

Would that be wrong?

At least you wouldnt have to worry about other people drinking too much of it! :)

No kidding! I bet he gets free beer for life now! :tank:

Wierd part is - He does not drink.

But I do work on his R/C cars for him.
I fix them and he paints them. You should see this guys R/C collection, Beautiful car shells with great graphics.

Those are awesome. I was just thinking about painting mine the other day. But I wasn't considering anything nearly that cool!

Thank you all for the kind comments.
My buddy actually paints cars for a living. When I suggested painting kegs and selling them on Ebay (thanx for the idea Sedge), he started to do a little research to see if it would be a financially sound idea.
If he does start doing this on the side, I will be sure to let everyone know.

Latest posts

Back