weissbier HELP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfulin1

Reaction score
The next beer I want to make is a Weissbier. I have been doing some research on them and I keep reading something about adding fresh beer into the beer that is ready to be bottled can anyone explain this to me?

I'm thinking you're reading about larger breweries that would keg condition their beers by adding some unfermeted beer to their finished beer to let it carb up in the keg. In my case, I'd just be using some corn sugar for that. I could be way off on this... but that's my theory at least, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm off base.

^^ He's right. You could use "Speise" if you want, but it's more of a hassle to do and easier to just use regular corn sugar to prime - that's what nearly all of us do. I've made a number of hefe's and they all came out great and I just primed with the regular sugar method so don't worry about it.

Rev.

Back