Hitachino Nest White ale recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbrider13

Reaction score
Found this beer in a japanese market by my house and I'm addicted. I want to try to develop a recipe for it. It will be my first attempt at cloning a beer myself. Any ideas? I went to their website and found this info:

Malts: Pilsner, Wheat
Hops: Perle, Strian Goldings
Adjuncts: Coriander, Orange peel, Nutmeg,
Original Gravity: 1052
Alcohol Vol: 5.0%
IBU: 13
Color: Light Golden

I think I want to try to add just a bit more body than the commercial version. The floral flavors are outstanding to me, I think I would just like to make it just a bit fuller on the palette

Are you an all grain or extract brewer? Theres some good witbier recipes in the database that are similar to this.

right now living in NYC so only doing extract/partial brewing in my kitchen. Where are these recipes??

Hello,
I am a new joiner (this is my first post) and I am brand new to brewing. I found this forum because I did a Google Search for Hitachino Nest White Ale Recipe, and was very interested in some of the posts I read throughout the site, so I joined.

cbrider, did you have any luck finding a good recipe that closely match the Hitachino Nest White Ale? Do you have any recommendations for somebody who is interested in brewing a similar style?

Thanks!

Hey.

I'm the guy who wrote the "Making beer at Kiuchi" webpage. If any of you guys make the beer following the recipe I posted on the webpage - which is straight from Kiuchi themselves - let me know how it turns out. I've added some notes in the comments today.

HBJ

Oh, and if you get a chance, try their Japanese Classic Ale and XH - they are both awesome. The JCA isn't actually on general release in Japan - only a few places have it. It's one of their best beers.

XH is another spiced beer but with 8% alcohol.

There is no mention of the yeast used in the article... Has anyone got any opinions of this?

Last edited:
Back