New Guy From SE Idaho

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockybottom

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello and Thanks to all the posters at this site . After spending countless hours reading here (and elsewhere) I started into brewing. I have long wanted to brew but found many reasons to put it off until now. I brewed my first batch this weekend, a nut brown, and have plans for a sweet stout and creme ale in the near future. I live in an are that does not have a local shop (Idaho Falls) and I have to order in all my equipment and supplies. We do have one local pew pub, Brownstone, that makes a great Nut Brown Ale.

Welcome to HBT!
Luckily there are lots of good online places to buy supplies so no excuses from you for not brewing often and becoming as obsessive as the rest of us. :D

Not sure if it is still around or what but a I know some people who were from Idaho Falls and they mention a place called BrewDoc and the Mrs.

Thanks.

The nut brown is in secondary now will be bottles in about 2 weeks.

The Doc brew and Mrs address looks like a house. There has also been a listing for a "barley's" but it is also a house. I just need to look around and make some calls.

Well don't be suprised if some of those houses ARE an owner operated business too. My LHBS is in the basement of a house.... made a Mead last month and purchased the honey from a home business.... maybe itis just a Maine thing, but home business are no suprise here.

Back