10 Year Break Between Batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTwo

Reaction score
It's been a long time (10 years) since my last batch. Finally bought some ingredients the other day and will spend Saturday finding all my brew gear. Looking forward to it.

And to all the other Washington based homebrewers, here's a shout out. Although I live in Maryland now, I consider myself an Washington native. Born in Spokane, graduated from Eastern Washington University (Go Eagles). Time in between was spent as a Navy brat or in the Army.

Welcome back!

I took about that same amount of time as well. I learn something new around here every day. It's a fun, sharp group.

Enjoy and welcome again!

Ize

Welcome back to brewing and welcome to HBT.:mug:
As I'm sure you already know, you will find the equipment, ingredients, and information resources have improved a lot in ten years. HBT is a prime example of this.

RichBrewer said:
Welcome back to brewing and welcome to HBT.:mug:
As I'm sure you already know, you will find the equipment, ingredients, and information resources have improved a lot in ten years. HBT is a prime example of this.

HBT is a great place - I wish something this good had existed when I started.

I've already posted my first question/problem

Welcome back.....I returned after a 5 year break. One of the most beneficial changes has been the growth of the internet for our great hobby. I started 15 years ago and just learned from one book back then (Pappazian). Now, thanks to a forum like this, you have so much more info at hand.

Cheers.

Welcome back as well. I started in 85, just got back into it after 10 years off. Most of the equipment was in the basement and salvageable, but I've tossed most of the bottles and now kegging. I have 4 kegs, and about to get the third filled. Bottling was one of the reasons I took 10yrs off.
This forum has been great - except now I'm not getting any other work done!

Hey Ktwo, I am also from Washington state and I just got back into home brewing after a ten year break . I used to live in the greater Seattle area, Kirkland to be exact, I live in Durango Colorado now. I am currently brewing a honey amber lager from extracts its taking forever to ferment , so I think Ill get another fermenter and start another batch, I think Ill try an IPA made with honey as an adjunct. good luck on your next batch...

Back