Being bad, too hot to care...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
Well, it's roughly one million degrees and 200% humidity out and I really wanted a beer to unwind and relax after a long, frustrating day.

My in fridge choices?
-Weyerbacher Imperial Stout
-My Taddy Porter clone
-My Brown Ale(which is running low and already spoken for so, can't be touched:mad: )
-A single bottle of Harp that has been warmed and cooled so many times that I'm only keeping it to give to someone I don't like:D
-Bud Light cans(leftover from my buddy's pre-wedding tailgate)

Can you guess which one I'm drinking?

It's too friggin' hot to drink anything really dark, so I fished a foam coozy out of the junk drawer and cracked open a can of ice cold, watery, adjunct filled goodness... And ya know what?? Right about now it's delicious and is really hitting the spot.

I have a bunch of my Hammer Hopped APA and a bunch of Apfelwein conditioning right now, but unfortunately neither are ready, cuz an apfelwein would be great right now...

I know some of you guys still enjoy a BMC when it's really hot and humid out.... Right?

I mighta gone for the Harp first (and just dumped it if it was awful), but yeah in that circumstance the Bud Light cans would be gettng my attention.

Ain't no shame.

You disgust me!!

Actually, I always compare BMC to Kool-Aid. Neither is a fine drink but they both can be cool and refreshing. Just enjoy and don't worry about the bull.

theres a right time and place for every style

I mean it is the #1 SELLING BEER IN THE WORLD

;)

I think that i would have stuck to my old stand-by as well, an icey cold Pabst Blue Ribbon. I have to say that I do enjoy a PBar every now and again. I am actually going to a Cubs game this weekend & I am sure that I will have an Old Style or two.

Cheers

Chimone said:
theres a right time and place for every style

I mean it is the #1 SELLING BEER IN THE WORLD

;)

Bud lights time and place- in a beer bong. :drunk:

All this talk about PBR, I have never even had the stuff. Is it worth buying?

Never had a PBR? Pabst is the #4 brewery in America.

I'm sure you've got a pretty good idea what it's like already. If you're gonna try it, now's the season.

cnbudz said:
Normally in this type of situation I go with PBR, but I had to choose from what was on hand...

As you should. No shame no remorse.

I'm of the opinion that the basic American Lager when served painfully cold is amazingly refreshing on a brutal hot, humid day. Only water stands above IMHO...

AND if I'm ready to get schnockered on a hot saturday afternoon while working in the garage and listening to a ballgame, and avoiding the wife and family, something thin and weak does the trick... :D

That equals me and the beer. :drunk:

Drink up! :mug:

Ize

I have to agree. Bud Light hits the spot on a hot day, but if I had my choice, I would go corona or pacifico when really hot.

When I'm outside and working in the yard and have been reasonably hydrated I pop a couple of Mic-Ultras in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes. Believe it or not, it actually is refreshing. Gotta get it frosty, it's like drinking water with a little alcohol mixed in. I keep the good stuff (homebrew) for drinking later when I have time to relax.

When its really hot I prefer water or unsweetened iced tea. I save beer drinking for when I can enjoy it, and I definitely do not enjoy BMC under any circumstances.
You better get brewing to prevent this travesty from ever happening again.

Craig

CBBaron said:
When its really hot I prefer water or unsweetened iced tea. I save beer drinking for when I can enjoy it, and I definitely do not enjoy BMC under any circumstances.
You better get brewing to prevent this travesty from ever happening again.

Craig

Yeah, water and iced tea are good, but they lack a certain something that I wanted last night, alcohol... I have 4 cases bottle conditioning and 30 gallons in various stages of fermentation so hopefully I won't run into this too often, but those BLs tasted pretty damn good last night...

Y'all gotta brew some pils just before the weather warms up...I never was satisfied with Bud, save at Busch Gardens. It is nice before it gets ruined before poor storage practices. It seems highly susceptible to age and heat (more than many other brews it seems. I did however, find Straub (available only in PA and OH) and I like it much better. ~$15 per case of 16 oz (returns), and also very susceptible to age and heat. I often wonder if the rice isn't one of the reason it doesn't store well? I dunno.

wop31 said:
I am actually going to a Cubs game this weekend & I am sure that I will have an Old Style or two.

Cheers

I'm jealous, bring us home a winner. We could use a big weekend.

As for the Bud Light...eh, I probably would have gone to the store. I am not one of these guys that get all over people for drinking BMC, and a good American Lager, can be quite refreshing on a hot day; but Bud Light, out of a can :eek: I can barely drink Bud Light, and I honestly dont think I could manage it out of a can. That is why, starting at the end Spring, I start making Wheats and Witbier's back to back. Enough summer brew to last me the summer.

Ah, that would definitely put a damper on the ole goin to the store routine. ;)

Any liquor in the house? I am starting to see your predicament.

The key is keeping it ICE COLD! As it warms up I have more difficulty getting it down, but when it has ice crystals forming and is too cold to taste, well, it is fine, fine, fine. OK, it does the job anyway!

Brewpastor said:
The key is keeping it ICE COLD! As it warms up I have more difficulty getting it down, but when it has ice crystals forming and is too cold to taste, well, it is fine, fine, fine. OK, it does the job anyway!

I kept them in a coozy and drank 'em fast enough they didn't have the chance to warm up

It is like drinking 'em at the ball game - get then down quick so you can get another one when the beer guy comes back up the steps.

Brewpastor said:
It is like drinking 'em at the ball game - get then down quick so you can get another one when the beer guy comes back up the steps.

When I drink at the ballgame I will drink Busch or Bud. Much different from Bud Light IMO. I cant stand that stuff.

When its hot and I'm thirsty or working outside and sweating my nads off, flavor is not of primary concern. I keep a sanke of Busch Lite in the fridge to serve that purpose. Later for paying 30% more for Bud or Millers version- the return on investment isn't there..

When I am lounging and when it's cool, I love an overhopped IPA, or a smooth stout.

As said, a time and a place for everything. Digging a trench or chainsawing wood, or 95* and 7.25% ABV just don't don't mix.

BMC stands for what other than how youve all been referencing it as Bud Light (hate hate hate it.)

1234283364_1_FT0_necromancy.jpg

Well, it's roughly one million degrees and 200% humidity out and I really wanted a beer to unwind and relax after a long, frustrating day.

My in fridge choices?
-Weyerbacher Imperial Stout
-My Taddy Porter clone
-My Brown Ale(which is running low and already spoken for so, can't be touched:mad: )
-A single bottle of Harp that has been warmed and cooled so many times that I'm only keeping it to give to someone I don't like:D
-Bud Light cans(leftover from my buddy's pre-wedding tailgate)

Can you guess which one I'm drinking?

It's too friggin' hot to drink anything really dark, so I fished a foam coozy out of the junk drawer and cracked open a can of ice cold, watery, adjunct filled goodness... And ya know what?? Right about now it's delicious and is really hitting the spot.

I have a bunch of my Hammer Hopped APA and a bunch of Apfelwein conditioning right now, but unfortunately neither are ready, cuz an apfelwein would be great right now...

I know some of you guys still enjoy a BMC when it's really hot and humid out.... Right?

The RIS? I would stick go for that. Gets you so druck you dont feel the heat

I think I've been guilty of the old "search for something, find a thread, reply without checking dates" trap. If not on this forum, then on others.

For what it's worth, I'll suck down an 18-pack of Caguamas during a day of yard-work without batting an eyelash. If I'm sweating my balls off pulling a tree stump out of the ground, and Ralph's has the **** on sale for $9 for an 18-pack, then I'll take the "flavor" of Caguamas or Tecate or Nautica over a BMC any minute of any day of the week.

So to answer the over-two-year-old question, you made the right choice. But I, personally, would have a stash of Mex beer before I have a stash of American beer.

The other day, my wife brought home a six-pack of Corona from her sister's house, since no one over there would drink it.

Being the beer snob that I am, I went on a tirade about how much I hate Corona, how it's worse than any BMC product by far.

Well, when we went to have dinner, my only options were water or Corona. It's amazing how much better Corona tastes when you consider it as a substitute for water and not beer.

There is a place for lawnmower beers.

Back