Pliny the Elder trade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtduffy

Reaction score
So I'll be at the Russian River Brewery on Friday during a road trip. If plans work out I hope to have a case or two of Pliny and maybe some Bling Pig IPA coming home with me. So I was thinking of trading some for beers I can't get here on the west coast. Anyone interested? What is the good stuff out in the east I need to try?

Not sure what you cant get but i would love to have just one 12 oz bottle of Pliny. Not that Memphis is renown for its beer selection but we do get some east coast beers. Im unfamiliar with Dogfish Heads distribution, does it make its way to Reno...we get it here in Memphis. Also, I will be in Chicago in 3 weeks...I would be happy to pick up anything there for you. I really want to try Pliny.
Memphis gets Lazy Magnolia out of Kiln, MS which has a good brown called the Southern Pecan. We also get Yazoo out of Nashville which is respectable.
-Jefe-

Some of the good beers come from the midwest, too! One of the best Michigan breweries is Bell's. They have a very good IPA called "Two Hearted", and they have a nice brown, stout, barleywine, and amber. Bell's is common in the east, but I don't think you can get it in the west at all.

I think most people in the midwest/ east (including Chicago) can get Bell's, along with some of the east coast breweries.

I can pick up some bells 2 hearted in 3 weeks when I go to Chicago, if thats what you want, Duffy.

I can pick up some bells 2 hearted in 3 weeks when I go to Chicago, if thats what you want, Duffy.

I forgot about this until just now, but Hopslam (also by Bell's) is out right now. I saw it yesterday. It's about $15 for a 4 pack, so it's not cheap but it's a good one. Probably my favorite IIPA, right up there with Pliny!

Bells Best Brown is the best brown I've had by far. It's is delicious!! The 2 hearted is of course good too. I'd love to swap for a bottle of your pliny. Would you be willing to swap any home brew for Pliny? a 2 for 1 even?

Bells, Founders, New Glarus, New Holland, Three Floyds... There's a LOT we can't just walk into a store and get here.

I haven't checked all distributors near me but it seems hopslam has dried up in PA.

If they would have released it already I'd have some Troegs barleywine called Flying Mouflan to trade. I tried buying a case of Nugget Nectar at the brewery but they only had a case of 22s left and I wasn't willing to pay the premium for bigger bottles.

I haven't checked all distributors near me but it seems hopslam has dried up in PA.

If they would have released it already I'd have some Troegs barleywine called Flying Mouflan to trade. I tried buying a case of Nugget Nectar at the brewery but they only had a case of 22s left and I wasn't willing to pay the premium for bigger bottles.

Nugget Nectar....drool...

I would be up for this assuming I could get what you want. I have access to most bells, troegs, and founders.

I don't think Pliny comes in 12oz. They are 500ml or you can get a growler which is about a half gallon.

I would also love to trade for some of that sweet stuff, I'm also in Michigan, I can get any of the Bells products, founders, Longhammer ipa, Dogfish, and tons of other local breweries. Let me know what you want and I will trade with you for sure.

Wow. Well I'm glad to see so many people are willing to trade. So let's all keep our fingers crossed that I can pick up a few cases this weekend. As soon as I get back from my trip I'll let everyone know if I scored or not. We'll take it from there.

Back