Bottle Dryer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusizhuo

Reaction score
I need some suggestions as to how to make a functional bottle dryer. I am in a place where I can not buy one so I need to figure something out on my own.

If you've seen one on a website my best advice would be to try to make one from wood. It's possible if you have something made from heavy plastic you could cut a hole in it and use it. Whatever you do test it well and make sure it's very sturdy, especially if you are using a glass carboy.
I would forget about the dryer and let it dry naturally. Before using it give it another good rinse then use a no rinse sanitizer if possible.

I use star san and don't dry my bottles. I just pull 'em out of the solution, empty the star san out, and bottle. It's a no-rinse sanitizer, so you don't need it to be dry. Much cheaper, easier and faster than waiting for them to dry.

I like the dishwasher rack idea.

otherwise, get wood dowels and build a tree off something like a 4"x4" post.

I'd suggest using a food safe paint or clear top coat to seal it all up, adn then star-san in spray bottle on the dowels to keep things sanitary while in use.

Thanks for the ideas. However, in my location I can not get a dishwasher rack or no-rinse sanitizer. How about if I sterilize with bleach and just rinse very very well right before bottling?

I just use my dishwasher for both cleaning and sanitizing (just use the heat dry cycle). If you can fit a full batch of bottles in yours... voilà!

i just got out the jig saw and cut holes in some plywood. i cut it the width of the box i store my brew stuff and and then a little narrower so it easily fit into the box and i could put it on top for the bottles to hang into. i also made the holes oval so grolsch bottles could fit in there with the flip top.

Back