What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had countless pints of Stone Enjoy By at Pizza Port (Port Brewing) in Ocean Beach...now on my hotel balcony enjoying an outstanding IPA from Kern River Brewing Co.

Where did you pick that up? I love that beer and we hardly ever get that down here. Please tell...

Where did you pick that up? I love that beer and we hardly ever get that down here. Please tell...

Yeah, it's really good stuff. I was visiting family in the middle of the Mojave...about 45 minutes from Kernville. The little town that my family lives in gets Class V, Just Outstanding, and Isabella Blonde distributed to it, but anything special like Citra or anniversary beers you have to go to the brewery. I stocked up on Just Outstanding and Class V before we left town for San Diego...almost drove to Kernville for some Dirty Hippie, but it turns out I'm not big enough into imperial reds to have made the trip. Hit up Alpine while in San Diego...didn't get a chance to go to Societe, though. That will be my first stop next year when I come out...I hear really good things about that place.

Oh damn! I was hoping one of the bottle shops down here somehow scored some Kern River stuff. Yeah, Societe is worth visiting. Glad you made the trip to Alpine. They are the best.

If you ever get your hands on too much Kern River stuff, let me know. Would be happy to trade for some.

Oh damn! I was hoping one of the bottle shops down here somehow scored some Kern River stuff. Yeah, Societe is worth visiting. Glad you made the trip to Alpine. They are the best.

If you ever get your hands on too much Kern River stuff, let me know. Would be happy to trade for some.

I tried Alpine's IPAs for the first time 2 years ago, and now I will always make the trip to Alpine every time I'm out there.

Too bad you didn't say so a couple days ago when I had an endless supply of the three Kern beers I just mentioned. It wouldn't be all that hard for me to get a friend to ship to you as a third party in a trade if you wanted any of those beers, but Citra or any other brewery only releases might be a little bit harder for me to persuade my friends into helping out on.

Rockmill Brewing Cask Aged Tripel ... very smooth and potent.

image-1472117359.jpg

My father always brings me back some Goldenroad from LA when he is out there so it's Wolf Among Weeds

image-268314767.jpg

Sorry I've been missing out all been watching the west coast powerhouse beat up on poor lil app state... :-D

Mark I got the 2nd package ris leaked but I'm drinking the remainder now :mug:

ForumRunner_20130831_234222.jpg

ForumRunner_20130831_234236.png

Drinking water. Finally done with my temperature control build. Would've been done a long time ago if I would've just put it in a normal project box like everyone else. ;)

Unless you're making yogurt in there, looks like it turned out to be fahrenheit after all. :)

Now I am having a new brew. Gotta say it's not anything like I hoped it would be. It's a an OK IPA at best and there's almost no coconut. Even if the coconut comes out as it warms, then the warmth will make it an unpalatable IPA.

I think you're like the 10th person that has said the exact, same thing about the lack of coconut flavor in this beer.

One of the local bars a few towns over from me has this on tap. Not going to bother driving there to try this beer.

They do however have the Levitation Ale and Gotterdammerung (which I had there last week) on tap.

TNGabe said:
Unless you're making yogurt in there, looks like it turned out to be fahrenheit after all. :)

It did indeed turn out to be Fahrenheit. Which is a nice bonus since the one I ordered was supposed to be Celsius. The first thing I did was put the temperature probe next to a thermometer and test it out. It was spot on with my thermometer, so I didn't even have to calibrate the temperature controller. So I'm pretty pleased with this $13 dollar Chinese controller.

tripplehazzard said:
Double black rye ipa. Creamy stout and hoppy! Real tasty.

Home brew? Sounds awesome. I just bottled a couple batches. Lets get this next trade going.

NIZZLE said:
you really like your beer at 55°?

No. I took the picture while the temperature readout was still dropping. It's a 38 right now but not for long. For the time being, this controller will be on my fermentation fridge, so it'll spend most of its time a little higher than that anyways.

NIZZLE said:
ah i new your wear crazy but not that crazy
:rockin:

Heh heh. Although that wouldn't be a bad idea for a fridge dedicated to beer that's better at that temperature. But I'll stick to just letting them warm in the glass.

nukebrewer said:
Well, I was going to teach my friend how to brew today, but he's a no show and I can't get a hold of him, so I am drinking coffee while I start without him. bless it's humid out today.

So what's brewing Nuke?

nukebrewer said:
Single hop El Dorado IIPA. Grain bill is MO base with a pound each of crystal 20, wheat malt, carapils, oats and 10 oz of corn sugar at the end.

Sounds good. I've never brewed with El Dorado.

Was going to brew today, but I found some of that green corrosion on my copper mash tun manifold. So guess what I'm doing instead of brewing. Yep. Drankin. Starting off easy. Yuengling. Maybe I'll try to clean this stupid thing. Who said stainless steel was all overkill? Copper is simply a pain in my ass.

Single hop El Dorado IIPA. Grain bill is MO base with a pound each of crystal 20, wheat malt, carapils, oats and 10 oz of corn sugar at the end.

That sounds really good! What's the expected OG and IBU? I haven't tried El Dorado either and may have to order some up.

That sounds really good! What's the expected OG and IBU? I haven't tried El Dorado either and may have to order some up.

I am really excited about it. I just opened up a package of them and they smell absolutely incredible. Calculated OG at 75% efficiency is 1.070 with a FG estimate of 1.010 which brings us in at an even 8% ABV. The IBUs will be around 117 according to BeerSmith.

Sounds incredible Nuke! I normally use a little less crystal and more sugar in my IIPA's but I tend to make mine really big but the hop level I shoot for is always around 120 with loads of late additions. Enjoy the brewday man!

Picked this up at the local Mediterranean market. Apparently Scotch flavored black tea (in a sampler pack along with some heather, thistle, and Scottish Breakfast teas). Just a hint in the flavor and aroma. Same place has mad fresh yogurt.

20130901_120113[1].jpg

20130831_185915[1].jpg

Was going to brew today, but I found some of that green corrosion on my copper mash tun manifold. So guess what I'm doing instead of brewing. Yep. Drankin. Starting off easy. Yuengling. Maybe I'll try to clean this stupid thing. Who said stainless steel was all overkill? Copper is simply a pain in my ass.

Yeungling. The Narragansett of Pennsylvania.

This with lunch after a walking tour and before the aquarium. Apparently they haven't heard of all the great new shapes in glassware out there...

View attachment 145629

They don't serve wine? Or liqour that comes in a snifter? Margarita glass would be better....

A place aroud here has Chimay. I once saw the manager make a point of pouring a Chimay triple for the customer with a nice swirl & yeast dump ala weiss beer at the end. :smack:

Back