Carbing with Motts Apple Juice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msmylie

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this? 1 serving of regular motts apple juice is 8 fl oz. In that serving there are 28 grams of sugar. Now if we are looking at using 1 ounce of sugar per gallon of cider this is the math I'm looking at. 5 ounces of sugar is equivalent to 141.747616 grams of sugar. If you divide that by 28 grams you get a rounded off number of 5.062 grams. If you then multiply this number by 8 fl. oz. you get a grand total of 40.5 fl. oz. of Motts necessary to carb a five gallon batch. (Rounded to the nearest dec.) If this is incorrect please let me know. This is all based upon the idea that you need 1 oz. of sugar per gallon to carb a cider that has fermented all the way out. I am using Wyeast champagne yeast for this batch. Thinking of backsweetening with splenda brown sugar to taste prior to bottling since this will ferment out extremely dry. Started with five pounds of sugar for the primary fermentation.

Back