What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having my barrel-aged red rye ale.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414697573.358595.jpg

Ever think about gas or oil heat? Or at the very least one of these:
View attachment 232685
You must be a glutton for punishment.

Of course. I oil for heat but choose to not use it because I bust my ass and have wood available. I had one oil delivery last winter and every drop was used to heat water. That's it.

I used my friend's splitter last year to do about 2/3rds of my wood. Couldn't get it here this year so I'm splitting everything my hand this year. I have a 12-lb. maul. Have about 3.5 cord already split. I'll buy a splitter next year.

Next.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414699717.867518.jpg

I paid just over $16 for a sixer of Mad Elf. I didn't ask the price when I bought them then did a little gulp when it was $32+ for just those two. But it is so delicious.

The unsessionable was on display with no price and since I have never seen it before I had no idea it was $16. Mad Elf is $15 here so right in line with what you paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ever think about gas or oil heat? Or at the very least one of these:
View attachment 232685
You must be a glutton for punishment.

I said it last year...the oil man had to get a 2nd job and put his kids back in public school since Remmy started splitting wood. If he was smart, his 2nd job would be selling beer, grain or yeast. :thumbup:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414701180.643331.jpg
This suffers from the same issue most of these 10% + abv ipa do It is too malty. Very disappointed and to think I passed on Black Rajah and Hop Stalker for this. Bummer

Of course. I oil for heat but choose to not use it because I bust my ass and have wood available. I had one oil delivery last winter and every drop was used to heat water. That's it.

I used my friend's splitter last year to do about 2/3rds of my wood. Couldn't get it here this year so I'm splitting everything my hand this year. I have a 12-lb. maul. Have about 3.5 cord already split. I'll buy a splitter next year.

Next.

View attachment 232687

That is why I love to live here. It gets cold but very quick cold. My AC/heater is off all winter. Though we have the opposite for summer. My AC seems to run all day sometimes. I dont keep it very cold either

That is why I love to live here. It gets cold but very quick cold. My AC/heater is off all winter. Though we have the opposite for summer. My AC seems to run all day sometimes. I dont keep it very cold either

The other difference is you can't split and burn wood to run your A/C :)

Not sure if I should ask here but; where might I find someone to donate a bottle of skeeter pee to the cause? I'd like to make 5 gallons for this summer but don't want the wife to give me "that" look if it sucks. I'd still drink it of course but it would be cool of she liked it too. Thanks. :mug:

This unsessionable ipa sort of reminds me of hop slam as it warms. It's warming me as well at 10% unlike Remmy alcohol does effect me

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414705281.616958.jpg

I am gonna blame fins, or his RIS rather, for me buying this awful beer.

At least swmbo likes it. She traded me a dogfish 60.

Went over to my buddy's house to help him bottle his first brew, but it turned out he didn't do a FG check, so we took one and I recommended holding off for a couple days so he can check it again and make sure it's really done. The trip wasn't completely fruitless, though, since I brought a beer to share. Great brew courtesy of @Johnnyhitch1 sent me even after 3 months in the bottle. Now home having the Elysian while I watch the pre-game show. Good brew that @Johnnyhitch1 also sent me.

SOrry for the length on that bottle but i bought one to drink to make sure it was tasty before i sent it out, something about high ABV and ipas that maybe makes them last longer?

Anyway, glad you enjoyed.

Cheers!

Came home to a 6er of zombie dust on my door. Bottled 10-14. Never had it. Pretty kacked

Common room ESB for now

Sent from my iPhone using Home Now

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414708075.201253.jpg

Latest posts

Back