Colored Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man you guys are quick! Didn't think there would be a problem but thought I would consult the maestros first. It came from an old water cooler I believe. My only issue would be the cap size for an airlock, but I think one can work around that easily enough.

glass for an old water cooler... wow that is old... yeah youll be ok, i would like to make some of that blue beer though

cheers

I actually have 3 that are old water cooler bottles. One is blue and the rest are clear. The only thing i've found is the only stoppers that work really well on them is the universal bungs.

Also if the place you work gets the newer style bottled water, if you can get the caps off the bottles they work great for keeping the carboys sealed while in storage.

Blue Beer? Is that when you get teased by beer but don't get to have any?

Some of my carboys are blueish. it's a UV reaction in the glass. Store your clear one in the sun and it may also pick up the tint. The only ones I've seen it on are the 5's with the "grid" on the outside (not smooth)

I have several blue carboys that work fine. Some people get all OCD about the color, but hey glass is glass. Aren't the BBs blue too?

Unless Im color blind or havent brewed recently enough to remember, then no. I believe that Better Bottles are clear.

better-bottle-2.jpg

Back