What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a chiller yet, I just put the kettle in a big tote outside, fill it with water and then add snow. It is not ideal, I know but I'm doing what I can. It takes me 30-40 minutes to cool. The summers are another story. I guess a chiller should be next on the list.

30 to 40 minutes sounds like a long time, to me. I use a big plastic tub and 6-8 ten pound bags of ice, plus some water. I add the ice, two bags at a time and move the pot back and forth and stir the wort. I'm usually down to 70 in 15 to 20 minutes. I would like to have a coil chiller, just so I don't need to buy the ice...maybe for my birthday. Next for me would be a temperature controlled chamber for fermentation.

IMG_20141221_151229767.jpg

Water at work.

Can't wait to be off...I have 50 pounds of beer that needs to be unpacked when I get home.

Hey @DisturbdChemist - maybe this will make your cats behave better:

PS - I don't want any of you bitching at me after you drunk buy these later tonight! I'm looking right at you @Hello and @wobrien ! :D

*edit* - forgot my manners! ... @finsfan

hahaha holy ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
30 to 40 minutes sounds like a long time, to me. I use a big plastic tub and 6-8 ten pound bags of ice, plus some water. I add the ice, two bags at a time and move the pot back and forth and stir the wort. I'm usually down to 70 in 15 to 20 minutes. I would like to have a coil chiller, just so I don't need to buy the ice...maybe for my birthday. Next for me would be a temperature controlled chamber for fermentation.

Wait, want mine?

I'll trade you a half dozen old architecture text books, a broken t-square and bottle of Chiavettas BBQ Marinade.

Ha! If it were me you were trading with, Id guarantee you most of those books and tsquare would be duplicates. I would take the BBQ marinade though haha

Diet Coke right now.

I've got quite the lineup for tonight. Going out for dinner, then probably to the bar to make my wife buy me stupidly expensive bottles (they don't have it on the list but they always seem to get Fou'Foune in right about now, so maybe I'll get lucky).

And then these three when I get home. Westy 12, 2000 Bigfoot, and then 2002 Old Guardian.

Happy birthday to me.

20150123_154419[1].jpg

Bailing from work early, funk this noise. Time to go walk around the beer store, drooling over all the different kinds of beer I want to try, only to walk out with another case of southern tier.

C'est la vie

Diet Coke right now.

I've got quite the lineup for tonight. Going out for dinner, then probably to the bar to make my wife buy me stupidly expensive bottles (they don't have it on the list but they always seem to get Fou'Foune in right about now, so maybe I'll get lucky).

And then these three when I get home. Westy 12, 2000 Bigfoot, and then 2002 Old Guardian.

Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday man. That's quite the line up!

Diet Coke right now.

Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday man! :mug:

Happy Birthday, you English marthafloccer, you. @Qhrumphf

Bloody bastard. :D

Diet Coke right now.

Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday.

Local brewery's IPA Randalled through Amarillo while waiting for growler fills.

Reporting myself for no pics.

@coldcrash

I use a big plastic tub and 6-8 ten pound bags of ice, plus some water.... I would like to have a coil chiller, just so I don't need to buy the ice...maybe for my birthday.

6 bags of ice at $2.50 a bag (going rate around here) is gonna run you $15. You would break even in 2-3 batches buying a 25' copper I.C. online. Even faster if you make it yourself.

got another hour before beer. on the water at work.

Diet Coke right now.

Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday! I'll tip a pint to you later! :mug:

How many cases for the wife so she leaves your beer alone?

View attachment 250928
Coke with a 5 guys burger all the way plus jalapeno.

Owww! My arteries just hardened a little looking at that!

One more water before the switch-over can happen.

Happy birthday! I'll tip a pint to you later! :mug:

How many cases for the wife so she leaves your beer alone?

Owww! My arteries just hardened a little looking at that!

One more water before the switch-over can happen.

Due to excessive brewing and Limited keg space the wife has actually been instructed to not drink anything that doesn't come out of the tap. She has completely ignored this if I am not home to fetch the beer for her

Happy Birthday, you English marthafloccer, you. @Qhrumphf

Bloody bastard. :D

And i'm off to get me some toad in the hole and bubble and squeak for dinner. Haven't had either in ages.

If only they also had Ribena. But this particular pub's got a decent tap list, so it's all good.

How's that for English?

#childhood

View attachment 250928
Coke with a 5 guys burger all the way plus jalapeno.

Your taste in beer and sports may be sh*** but at least you do a burger right :mug:

Read about this earlier today. I just shouldn't be surprised by this stuff any more. With this and the Founders thing, seems like the Brewer's Association is losing (or potentially losing) some of their big guys if they don't change their craft definitions again...

Diet Coke right now.

Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday!

Nice!

Water real quick. Home and tired. After drinking on an empty stomach last night, I was hurting today. I think I'll take a quick nap and then it's time for beer.

Read about this earlier today. I just shouldn't be surprised by this stuff any more. With this and the Founders thing, seems like the Brewer's Association is losing (or potentially losing) some of their big guys if they don't change their craft definitions again...

As a business move its smart. I get why they do and have seemingly endless money thrown at them. Soon you will see blue point, 10 barrel and elysian everywhere but their quality will suffer like GI except the belgians and barrel age stuff.

If you where in their shoes, it would be hard to say no but spending 20yrs building your brewery to just get it bought out is a tough decision (imo) especially they have a beer called (corporate beer still sucks) loser pale ale. beer community will ***** for a while and forget. one day the gov will step in when they fell like they are creating a monopoly

Back