Tangle Foot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
anybody ever had Tanglefoot before? pla'n on the net and found a web page for a British pub, the Happy Farmer, and it had a link to it. looked like a good session brew. :drunk:

Tanglefoot...deceptively drinkable. It's an ale produced by Badger Ales in Blandford, Dorset, UK. A crisp, light ale..very nice indeed...boy I have a thirst!

Just thought i would say that Tanglefoot is not,and i repeat not a session beer.This beer will slay the unwary,trust me i know from past experience.
The beer itself is wonderful,but to find out more you must check out http://www.badgerales.com/ and search in there for the range they do and also some good old English pubs!!!!!

DeRoux's Broux said:
anybody ever had Tanglefoot before? pla'n on the net and found a web page for a British pub, the Happy Farmer, and it had a link to it. looked like a good session brew. :drunk:

dont you just love the names of british beers? they kill me! "old growler" "big thumper" "willie warmer" "old peciular" "wee heavy" they (the brewers) must drink them before they name them...i love it

speaking of funny names has any one tried, that "monty pythons holy ale"? we get it here in virginia, havent tried it but i think its from th u.k.. (im always weary of buying stuff from across the pond due to the fact that beer does not travel well.)

cgravier said:
speaking of funny names has any one tried, that "monty pythons holy ale"? we get it here in virginia, havent tried it but i think its from th u.k.. (im always weary of buying stuff from across the pond due to the fact that beer does not travel well.)

i've seen the Holy Grail, but was scared to try it! :D
i thought i might see small white rabbits :drunk:

Hi this is my first post.If you can find it in America try Hobgoblin made by Wychwood.Its a really nice strong dark ale.I'll type what it says on the bottle to make you all thirsty the other side of the pond :p

"Full bodied & well balanced with a chocolate toffee malt flavour, moderate bitterness & a distinctive fruity character with ruby red glow"

Jeremy Moss head brewer.

Would you beleave it.I don't live that far away from the badger brewery.And i only work about a 1 mile down the road.I have to tell you that my is badger brewery big! One of the biggest brewerys i've seen:D .I went in there shop they have there.Wow was i in for a surprise.:D Until you visit the shop you have no idea how big a range of beers they do!I mean loads of different beers,more than i ever thought. Couldn't beleave my eyes! Shame they don't do any home brew stuff though. Oh and in there shop all the beers are cheaper than what you can find it in a shop by a good margin!

Tanglefoot is a good pint of beer but its quite strong a little to strong for a session beer really!But that has never stopped me:D Also 6X made by wadworth is a good pint aswell,very strong not really a session beer.

I bought a sixer of Hobgoblin several months ago on the strengths of recommendations here and found it a bit sweet for my tastes, but over all a very good beer. I'm going to try it again to see if I got an old batch that had lost its hopitude or something.

It's a little sweet...pretty well balanced, IMHO, but still a little sweet. I think it's a perfect session beer for those like myself that have yet to become hop obsessed, but over the last couple of months I've started to think it could use to be kicked up a notch or two.

Dave1 said:
Would you beleave it.I don't live that far away from the badger brewery.And i only work about a 1 mile down the road.I have to tell you that my is badger brewery big! One of the biggest brewerys i've seen:D .I went in there shop they have there.Wow was i in for a surprise.:D Until you visit the shop you have no idea how big a range of beers they do!I mean loads of different beers,more than i ever thought. Couldn't beleave my eyes! Shame they don't do any home brew stuff though. Oh and in there shop all the beers are cheaper than what you can find it in a shop by a good margin!

The smell from that place must be heaven:D .

The cans of Tanglefoot are a good deal from the website(badgerbrewery.co.uk...i think,or .com).
Will have to have a trip to the brewery this year as we are going to the Great Dorset Steam Fair again this year(5 Music/beer marquee's,including the Real Ale Tent:drunk: aswell as real cider!!! ).

Yeah.The Great Dorset steam fair is brillient.I didn't go last year but the two years before i camped the whole thing.The real ale tent it excellent and the live music is aswell.

I can't wait to brew my first lot of bitter.Up to now i have only brewed a small ginger beer kit.

I'm waiting on the electrim thermostatic immersion heater to come.I have a Tom Caxton best bitter kit ready and waiting.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but I am in England right now (dorset) and have tried several of the Badger beers and they're quite tasty!

Have any of our British members found clone recipes for these beers?

Thanks,
Geoff

Latest posts

Back