Need Hop Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpleJeepXJ

Ah... Leafy Goodness
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
am looking for some Rhizomes that I can buy and start inside until the weather warms up. I live in central Georgia so it should warm up soon but all the online growers dont start selling until mid spring. Anyone got any suggestions or leads on where I can get some?

Good luck. I doubt you'll find anything until february or march. Honestly, I think it's best to wait until you can plant them in the ground. Transplanting can sometimes have a negative effect on plants, and you could end up hurting your plants rather than helping them by getting an early start.

Ya I have heard several different ways of starting hops and one is in a bucket... too bad I cant find a place that sells them in the winter months. Guess I will have to wait until late spring.

There is no sense in starting rhizomes inside.They need their dormant period.They will go the end of Feb early march. I will be selling rootstock again this year.Usually take pre orders in the next week and we dig the end of feb to early march depending on weather Cheers Glen

Back