Snoring and beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choosybeggar

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else have a S.O. that complains a beer or two increases snoring. Sucks because she really dislikes snoring but I really like IPA's, pales, kolschs', porters, stouts. wits, well you get the idea. :(

The alcohol relaxes the muscles in your airway which causes snoring. I've never heard of a beer or two causing it, but if you're a borderline snorer already, or overweight like me, it could put you over the edge. It's a pretty well understood phenomenon. Less alcohol and farther away from bedtime will take care of the problem.

Let me rephrase that question by asking another, which is noisy a machine that at worst sounds like a small fan next to the bed or someone sawing wood in the bed? My wife sleeps much better since I started using a cpap. My doctor asked me how I liked it, to which I responded, "You can try to take it away Doc, but you'll have a fight on your hands." I never slept so well as I do with that machine.

They aren't silent, but they are much better than they used to be.

Let me rephrase that question by asking another, which is noisy a machine that at worst sounds like a small fan next to the bed or someone sawing wood in the bed? My wife sleeps much better since I started using a cpap. My doctor asked me how I liked it, to which I responded, "You can try to take it away Doc, but you'll have a fight on your hands." I never slept so well as I do with that machine.

They aren't silent, but they are much better than they used to be.
I've been CPAPing for 9 years and I can promise that my newest machine is almost silent compared to my first couple of machines. I went a year without a properly functioning CPAP and this new one has been a real lifesaver.

Here in South Texas, we use a ceiling fan most of the year. It makes far more noise than my cpap ever makes.

Latest posts

Back