Home made cannon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People like this scare me...a lot. It's VERY cool that he made a working cannon. It's VERY scary that he fired it at a living thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY pro-hunting...but let's keep it a little reasonable, shall we?!

The camo-netted terrorist looking guy at the top of the page also lends a little shock factor. Last time I checked, flannel and a rifle worked just fine for deer.

Y'know, with a lot of smaller shot and a great deal of elevation that thing could wipe out a whole FLOCK of Canadian Geese! Think of the business you could get a airports keeping those birds from being ingested into 747 engines. Seriously, that ain't hunting. Looks like fun, though.

Yuri_Rage said:
People like this scare me...a lot. It's VERY cool that he made a working cannon. It's VERY scary that he fired it at a living thing.

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY pro-hunting...but let's keep it a little reasonable, shall we?!

The camo-netted terrorist looking guy at the top of the page also lends a little shock factor. Last time I checked, flannel and a rifle worked just fine for deer.

I have to agree, I love my guns, and my dad has a friend that built a replica Civil war mortar. It is a blast to shot out on his land, But using it for hunting is just stupid. IMO unless its a elephant charging you. His shoots cemented coors light cans, best use for this beer to date. :D We had a sheriff come out one day when we were shooting it, (He was not sure how legal it was). All the guy said was "Could have used a few more of those at the Alamo and then asked to shoot it. lol

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]
Now, "GET THE HELL OUT OF THE AREA UNTIL THE SMOKE HAS CLEARED" ( You have just created a smoke cloud that is likely visible from the moon. It may take up to 30 minutes for the smoke to dissipate depending on the particular area and wind conditions ) Move away from the howitzer by one-half mile. ( or more ) Sit down and eat your lunch. Keep an eye on the area from a distance, making sure there are no nosey hunters that wander over to see what all the noise ( and smoke ) was about. In the unlikely event that a crowd of unknown hunters should wander over, play dumb, talk with your mouth full, drool, and entice them away from the area of the howitzer. If they comment about the "smell of rotten eggs" ( the sulfur form the 1/2 pound of black powder you just ignited ) tell them you ate a lot hard boiled eggs for breakfast, and you have gas. If they should discover the Mountain Howitzer Cannon, "tell them that they are trespassing on private land", and threaten to call the Sheriff if they don't leave at once.

SCARY MAN!
[/FONT]

wonder if he uses that during regular gun deer season or if he only uses it durring the muzzel loader season

either way I love it . . . mainly because I HATE the WI DNR

Neenah, WI. a guy who works for me is moving up there probably this summer. Says he's sick of the heat here (wait til Jan). he is a gun freak and guarantee he will be visiting this guy. If armageden kicks off in Neenah, they're shooting at each other.

Back