Help! Long story short... Cut to large of a hole for kegerator tower...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandolfsmagiktriks

Unforgivenll
Reaction score
Excuses aside, just the story... I wanted to add a 3" 2 faucet All SS dual faucet tower to my Haier kegerator. So I set out to cut a 3" hole for the column... Like I said excuses aside, I ended up with a 3 1/2" hole in my tower... I haven't ordered the tower yet and I was hoping that someone would know if I would still be okay to mount it. The tower is 4 1/2" in diameter with flange.

Thank you, any help would be much appreciated.

I would guess the hole is too big, because the mounting screws are in the middle of the flange, could be realllllly close though. But dont fret, mount a stainless steel sheet on top of the keggerator, or more elegantly, wood (or wood laminate). So basically, you would have a wooden topped keggerator.

It would be very close, and someone might tell you that you can do it. However, I wouldn't recommend it, because the screws on the flange won't have a lot of wood between them and the hole. This will make your tower unstable over time, and at some point it will detach from the kegerator.

I'm with nanobru. Just get a piece of plywood or an opaque piece of plexiglass or acrylic. Cut it down to the size of the top of the fridge and drill your hole for the tower. Then just silicon it to the top of the fridge. You could do it for probably $25 or less.

Back