Create a beer based on the name: Natural 20 IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackinjeebs

Reaction score
I am a nerd. through and through. I want to make a beer that deserves the title of:

Natural 20 IPA.

Where should we start gentlemen(and ladies : D )?

Role playing games. DnD for the most part. Natural 20 means a critical success. I am looking to create an IPA that I will think critical success with every drink. Something hoppy but not overly so. I am looking to split this into a 2 pot BIAB 5 gallan batch. I haven't done it before. I am relatively new to brewing but am looking to get into the idea of creating recipes.

I know I am being very vague with this idea, but am hoping someone might guide me a bit. Like I said, I am new.

If your going for an IPA this is what I would do for an all grain recipe:
basemalt
munich in the 20 L range
crystal 20
20 ibus bittering at 60 min
20 ibus at 15
20 ibus between 1-5 minutes left

If you're brewing AG, go with 20# of grain, including Crystal 20L. Shoot for an OG of 20 plato (~1.083), and use hop additions that are 20IBUs apiece. (You can try doing 20 additions as well, but that'll certainly add up if you do both!) Shoot for a FG of 1.020 and 20L color. Primary for 20 days, secondary for 20 as well, with 2.0 oz of dry hops.

Back