CO2 Level Too High?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwilson6289

Reaction score
Bottled an IPA two days ago and calculated my priming sugar using northern brewer's calculator. It was a five gallon batch, but when I siphoned out the beer it turned out to be right around 4 gallons (lots of yeast slurry at the bottom). I had already added in 122 g of corn sugar, so now my volume of CO2 is right around 2.8 instead of 2.4. Is this going to significantly screw up my beer? I've had gushers before and it's just the absolute worst. Also nervous about bottle bombs. Thanks for the input!

Great, thanks so much. Hopefully not TOO fizzy. We'll see. May have to recap them after a couple weeks if it's too much. Cheers!

jwilson6289 said:
Great, thanks so much. Hopefully not TOO fizzy. We'll see. May have to recap them after a couple weeks if it's too much. Cheers!

For reference virtually all BMC beers are carbed to 2.7 vol, so it'll be just a hair fuzzier than that.

Back