Wit Water Profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pringler

Reaction score
I've had my water tested by Ward Labs, and for the last couple of brews have adjusted based on using Bru'n Water. I have a pH meter and my readings pretty much nail what the program suggest they should be based on my additions.
Now that I'm comfortable with the pH part, I'd like to start paying more attention to levels of Calcium, Chloride and Sulphate (ect) levels to enhance the characteristics of the particular style of the brew.
For instance, next up is a Wit, 60% Pilsen 40% wheat, 1.045 OG, 15-ish IBU.

Is there a reliable resource for finding out these types of profiles based on style?
I'm looking for something other than the water profile for whatever area the style came from (or maybe that's the best way...I'm asking).

You can review those Belgian city profiles in Bru'n Water. However, you should take them with a grain of salt. At a minimum, consider the 'boiled' profiles to be closer to what the brewers likely started with. In addition, the variability of the water supply will have an impact. The main thing to take away is the relatively low levels of most ions.

You can review those Belgian city profiles in Bru'n Water. However, you should take them with a grain of salt. At a minimum, consider the 'boiled' profiles to be closer to what the brewers likely started with. In addition, the variability of the water supply will have an impact. The main thing to take away is the relatively low levels of most ions.

I'll be honest, I'd totally missed that little drop-down arrow in the Desired Water Profile box...these are at least some numbers to shoot for.

Thank you very much !

Back