Officially hopped in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser423

Reaction score
I have been entertaining the idea of making wine, and was thinking about making a wine once I have decided if we're going to move in the next 6 months or so.

But those better bottles were staring me in the face, so I ponied up my last Austin Homebrew gift certificate, and bought a Chilean Malbec kit. Simple, easy, and not too expensive for when I screw it up.

I'm pumped :ban:

:rockin:

God, if this takes off like beer brewing I am screwed.

I'm with you on that...
I'm just really getting into wine making also. Did a couple batches in '08, but none last year. Now I have 4 batches going.. 3 of them in new better bottles :mug:

I'm with you on that...
I'm just really getting into wine making also. Did a couple batches in '08, but none last year. Now I have 4 batches going.. 3 of them in new better bottles :mug:

Kits? From grapes? What's the story here?!? There doesn't seem to be a lot of talk on this board about what people are making.

I'm definitely going to hop online and get the Dec/Jan copy of winemaker magazine that does a review of all the different kits.

For now I'm just hoping that my Chilean Malbec turns out to be similar/better than the $3 Chilean Malbec that I can get at Trader Joe's. Do a side by side, and if it's not better I'm really going to have to think more about the wine side of this hobby.

Kits? From grapes? What's the story here?!? There doesn't seem to be a lot of talk on this board about what people are making.

I'm definitely going to hop online and get the Dec/Jan copy of winemaker magazine that does a review of all the different kits.

For now I'm just hoping that my Chilean Malbec turns out to be similar/better than the $3 Chilean Malbec that I can get at Trader Joe's. Do a side by side, and if it's not better I'm really going to have to think more about the wine side of this hobby.

That Winemaker issue is already out (at least we have it at the library that I work at).

Right now, I have several different wines aging: one kit (orange chocolate port), 2 fruit wines (mixed berry & strawberry), 3 wines from fresh grape juice from the Chilean harvest (mixed grape, cab, & malbec), & and one share of malbec from pressed grapes that was made at PTN house last may

Latest posts

Back