• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hdpe fermenter drain valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fpweeks

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Swapped out my HDPE drain valve and QD parts for stainless. So ive got

1-1/2" ball valve
2- Female Cam Lock x 1-1/2" MPT2
2- Male Cam Lock x 1-1/2" MPT
1- Male Cam Lock x 1-1/2" FPT
bushings to reduce the FPT camlock down to 1/2" FPT

So what you get is a female cam lock (MPT threads) that threads into the bottom of the fermenter, and allows you to take the valve off with a QD. After the valve is another cam lock so you can quickly add a 1/2" hose to rack. I also have another make cam lock fitting that i never used, was planning to attach this to a yeast catcher.

The stuff is lightly used, probably 6 months old. Its worth about $65 new.

Id like to get $50 plus shipping.

photo.JPG

I am interested.. this route is somewhat new to me (using the very bottom port for beer transfer AND trub dump. Well I am also new to building conicals). So if I am looking at a 3 week total fermentation time I would use the 1 1/2 to dump trub after primary ferm. And slightly dump every once in a while before transfer and the transfer would be fairly clear from the 1/2" tubing to my keg?

Latest posts

Back