ANY CHARDONNAY kit suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caeye

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of brewing my first attempt of red wine. So far it seems to be going good. Now that my primary is empty I'd like to make a chardonnay (at the request of my lovely wife). Can anyone suggest a good chardonnay kit that I can purchase on-line and/or a web site that is not too expensive.
P.S. - I can easliy see how wine making is addictive. I'm already planning to build wine racks in my basement for all the wine I want to make. Thanks:ban:

My first kit is going now and it is a Vintners Reserve Chardonnay kit. I followed the instructions and its been sitting for about 12 days in the clearing stage. It seems to be coming along nicely. Your right, this hobby is addictive. I have a Gewurztraminer and a Italian Brunello kit in the works and a few more waiting their turn.

I have mail ordered from Austin Homebrew Supply and their service was fantastic! Ordered the kit Sunday night and shipping was free. It was on my doorstep Tuesday and packed well enough to have survived a trainwreck. Best service I have ever seen.

Textron, which brunello kit did you decide on? I'm considering one myself but have a hard time believing the kit will taste like a real Brunello. Have you tried a Brunello to compare to? They are very pricey on the shelves, let me know how yours turns out and what style of kit litres, crushed grape etc and if you have had real Brunello to compare it to. My Brunello experience has been in the $50 range but I'm going to splurge for my 40th B day this june on a real bottle (according to the so called experts). Thanks in advance, Ken

Hi Ken,

I have the Selection Limited Edition and it does not come with grape skins. It does have a lot of oak "sawdust". Three packs toasted, one French Oak, and another of a type I can't remember. I have never tasted a Brunello before and would have never dropped 50 of my hard earned ones to try it out. That why I moved into this hobby so that hopefully I can enjoy some nice wines on my budget. I am looking forward to that first sip. I also have a Selection International Amarone kit that does have the grape skins, raisons, etc. I am really looking forward to tasting that one. I have had some inexpensive Texas grown Sangiovese that was incredible. Hoping for a little of the same with these wines.

All the best,

Ron

Textron, your Brunello if it is close to the real thing will blow the Sangiovese you had away after some good aging time. It is a clone grape so it differs from an original Sangiovese. Your Amarone wont be close to the taste of the Sangiovese or Brunello, not saying it wont be good just very different. Amarone is my least favorite Italian wine, it's very different due to the dried grape skins etc. I know what you mean about saving money, I get 6 gallon pails of fresh California juice for $55 to $75 a pail, $99 for Italian juices from Italy here in Detroit. I cant believe it when I see the ones online for $175 for fresh juice. Good Luck and thanks for the reply, Ken

Back