Quick Question about used kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaneStreet

Reaction score
Hi, I found a guy who is offering me 2 aluminum Bud light kegs for $50 is this a good deal?

I am new to brewing and eventually want to brew AG and figured this was a good way to get a large pot for cheap? Am I right?

Thanks for any help,
Lane

If you look, you can find stainless for $25 - $50 each. It is more resistant to corrosion if nothing else. I would say pass on them and keep an eye on craigslist for a deal. If you've read many post on here, you know there are some serious opinions about acquiring kegs as well as the opinions about stainless/aluminum. Luck - Dwain

Pretty sure those are not aluminum.. I think all of the bud/bud light kegs are stainless steel. I could be wrong, but I would bet they are.

I have another question for you guys. Are these to big for me to use as brew pots since I am only doing 5 gallon size batches?

Thanks for the help so far,
Lane

Thanks for the help, but the point is now mute. The guy selling them is not someone I want to deal with.

On to the next craigslist search! :rockin:

Back