Uncle Billy's Brew & Que Austin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
This here is a new growler from Uncle Billy's in Austin. It's filled with Insomnicac Coffee Stout. It is without a doubt the best Coffee Stout I have ever tasted. Starbucks, Watch Out! It could be that the same folks who own Uncle Billy's own the Austin Java next door. I sampled all their beers tonight at 2 dollar pint Tuesday and every beer from their Blond to this Coffee Stout are awsome. It's very rare when I find EVERY beer from a brew pub is tasty AND impressive. but Uncle Billy's is lucky to have Brian Peters as a brewer. He's created nectar of the gods! Now, if I can get a corny filled with this stuff. :D

UncleBillysCoffeeStout.jpg

Uncle Billy's Brew gets two thumbs up!
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

I'm gonna ask about the cornies. Check it out when you get to town. Brisket & ribs are awesome. Their Hefe is a Bavarian Hefe and is the most German tasting Brew Pub Hefe I've ever had. The Blonde is very quaffable (I'm going to try to brew one myself). The APA is just simply divine and the Amber Ale is wonderfully malty yet balanced and tasty. I like all their beers and I can't say that about other brew pubs.

The fermenters, mash tun & boil kettle can be seen through big glass windows. Looks like a 10 bbl system.

Pints go for 2 bucks on Tuesdays. Sweet!

It's right next to Austin Java on Barton Springs. Just past Chuy's & Shady Grove.

1530 Barton Springs Rd
Austin, TX 78704
(512) 657-2547

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=uncle+billy's+&near=austin,+tx&ie=UTF8&z=15&iwloc=A&om=1"]Get Directions[/ame]

Went by today at lunch and the brewer filled up one of my 2.5 gallon cornies with his wonderful Coffee Stout. I'm stoked. Brian Peters is very cool. He sells 1/4 bbl (7.75 gal) kegs for $60 plus deposit and he'll fill Homebrewer's cornies and has the setup to do it. 5 gallon corny for $45.00

I am one happy camper today! :D

olllllo said:
Not to hijack your thread but...

Care to list your top 5 Austin BBQ joints?
(It goes withou saying that EdWort's is #1)

Yeah sure, all of these are in Austin and there are loads more within 15 mile radius.

Bee Cave Brewery & BBQ (my back yard)
Rudy's BBQ
County Line
Uncle Billy's
Artz Rib House
Iron Works
Stubbs

Rudy's on 360 is what I measure my own against. Uncle Billy's has the best of both worlds with Brew & Que (my two passions in life after my family).

Wow. Glad I asked a local..

In my limited visits I had:
Iron Works
County Line
and Salt Lick ((Buda) which might be too far out of Austin proper)

I'll definatly be on the lookout foe the others.

On a 5 hour layover I did all three and got SL at the airport as well!

c'mon ed, what about smoky moe's??? they should be a top 5 contender. i definitely need to try this place on barton springs though, it sounds great. in fact, i might as well go right now. no time like the present!!

In my opinion, Rudy's killllllllllllllllllllls Stubb's. And the sad part is, the Rudy's I went to was attached to a gas station, while Stubb's is a proper restaurant.

jct9335 said:
c'mon ed, what about smoky moe's??? they should be a top 5 contender. i definitely need to try this place on barton springs though, it sounds great. in fact, i might as well go right now. no time like the present!!

I never heard of Smokey Moe's. Where is it?

Edit: Never mind. Cedar Park is a bit of a drive though. Looks like a neat place. I'll have to stop by that place when I visit the range out there.

when you decide to head out our way for some smokey moe's, let me know and you can swing by for a few homebrews. we live maybe a mile from there. by the way, i just got back from uncle billy's and i must say, the habanero bbq sauce is out of this world!!! but a pint of uncle billy's ipa killed all of the fire. great brews all around. i have to agree with you on the coffee stout, it was delicious. as were all of their beers. i will definitely make my way back there again. and $7 for a sample of all their brews is a great price. i would highly recommend this place to a friend. great find ed!

Latest posts

Back