Come on Green Bay/ New York Giants

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EO74 said:
We owe some pay back to both theese M&Fers and since GBs out6 come on NY& GOOOOOOOO PATTSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ban::ban::ban::tank:

I have no idea what you just said.

But as a die hard Packers fan, I cannot root for the Giants. Eli Manning is a chump.

Go niners!

+1 to all this (well, not quite sure what OP said). Go Niners. Eli might be my least favorite QB in the league.

EDIT: BOOOOOOOO Giants. Fumbles killed the Packers too. Shoulda payed attention to that 49ers...hold on to the ball. Two teams have just given the Giants a win. BOOOO.

Haters...eli just keeps proving that he is the real deal. The guy is a top five qb in this league yet no one will admit it. Go giants!

what a bunch of whiners. Gee wiz. You guys must be stewing over the fact that our beloved Gints lost 2 times to the Deadskin. We say haha. Say what you will, I myself used to consider Eli just middle of the pack QB, but I am a believer now. Defense wins games and GO G-MEN

TheMan said:
Haters...eli just keeps proving that he is the real deal. The guy is a top five qb in this league yet no one will admit it. Go giants!

Eli is not elite. He's the NFC's Big Ben.

He has a lot of talent around him, and a great defense. He wins games, albeit not anywhere near some of the top NFL teams in the season. But he also makes a lot of stupid mistakes, and for that he's not elite.

Top 10, yes, but not top 5.

He has a lot of talent around him, and a great defense. He wins games, albeit not anywhere near some of the top NFL teams in the season. But he also makes a lot of stupid mistakes, and for that he's not elite.

They weren't winning games on defense the majority of the season if you recall...it was Eli and the offense that got most of the wins. The defense only started contributing in week 15.

Who is in your top 5 qb's of this year anyway???

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
??
??

I don't see two other quarterbacks that have played better than him this year.

No one had even heard of Victor Cruz before this season. He's a weapon because Eli made it so.

Most 4th quarter touchdowns in a season in NFL history.

More road playoff victories than any other QB in NFL history.

No one had even heard of Victor Cruz before this season. He's a weapon because Eli made it so.

Most 4th quarter touchdowns in a season in NFL history.

More road playoff victories than any other QB in NFL history.

You gotta be kidding me. Nobody heard of Victor Cruz, so that makes Eli elite? Cruz has a TON of talent, and had a breakout year. That's what happens for solid receivers (ie. Miles Austin last year, Jordy Nelson this year).

Most 4th quarter TD's in a season... sounds like an ESPN stat. Here's a few more... finished 13th in completion %, 25th in INT's, has only a 58% career completion %, and an 82.1 career QB rating.

Road playoff victories are hardly his doing alone.

His defense was 27th in the league all regular season, and now #2 in the post-season. They lost to the Redskins TWICE, where he threw 0 TD's and 4 INT's! 5 of their 9 wins were by less than 7 points.

If winning means Elite, then Tebow really is Jesus!

You gotta be kidding me. Nobody heard of Victor Cruz, so that makes Eli elite? Cruz has a TON of talent, and had a breakout year. That's what happens for solid receivers (ie. Miles Austin last year, Jordy Nelson this year).

Most 4th quarter TD's in a season... sounds like an ESPN stat. Here's a few more... finished 13th in completion %, 25th in INT's, has only a 58% career completion %, and an 82.1 career QB rating.

Road playoff victories are hardly his doing alone.

His defense was 27th in the league all regular season, and now #2 in the post-season. They lost to the Redskins TWICE, where he threw 0 TD's and 4 INT's! 5 of their 9 wins were by less than 7 points.

If winning means Elite, then Tebow really is Jesus!

Talent or no talent, receivers don't break out if their QB can't get them the ball.

And those talented receivers dropped a billion balls on him this year, and he was still 4th in the league in yards. And he did a lot of this with a lot of injuries and a defense like a sieve at times. Football is a team game, so stats don't really tell the whole story. They're in the Super Bowl and he's a big reason why.

Haha, receivers don't break out when their QB sucks. Miles Austin benefitted from Tony Romo. Jordy Nelson has Aaron Rodgers. Cruz does have tons of talent, but if he had Tim Tebow throwing him the rock he wouldn't be anywhere near relevant.

They weren't winning games on defense the majority of the season if you recall...it was Eli and the offense that got most of the wins. The defense only started contributing in week 15.

Who is in your top 5 qb's of this year anyway???

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
??
??

I don't see two other quarterbacks that have played better than him this year.

They were 1 game away from being .500. I'll allow the argument that Eli led his team to a whopping 9 wins. He also contributed to 8 losses, where he threw 11 TD's and 13 Int's. Not to mention his wins were almost always against teams with losing records.

And my top 5 this year:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Stafford
Romo

All had statistically better seasons, with closer wins/losses and tougher schedules.

They were 1 game away from being .500. I'll allow the argument that Eli led his team to a whopping 9 wins. He also contributed to 8 losses, where he threw 11 TD's and 13 Int's. Not to mention his wins were almost always against teams with losing records.

And my top 5 this year:

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Stafford
Romo

All had statistically better seasons, with closer wins/losses and tougher schedules.

Romo!?!?! Are you kidding me? I'll give you Stafford could be among the top 5, but not Romo. Top players are not determined solely by statistics. It's big wins and clutch plays, with a little bit of stats. Romo is the definition of meltdown and can't win the big game. He is not a top QB. Anyone with a brain would take Eli over Romo any day, thus Eli is a higher caliber QB.

Let's go ask Marino how he likes his stats? Oh wait, they're being broken every year and making him less and less memorable. Records are broken. Two huge road winning streaks to get to the super bowl in a four year span are not. Not to mention Eli dispatched the super bowl favorite.

Lastly, if stats rule, how else does a lineman get into the hall of fame? If he's getting double teamed every play and not getting any sacks or tackles then clearly he sucks eh? Stats don't tell the whole story.

Btw, it was 7 losses, not 8 lol

Back