Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my copy of Savage Gold by Tombs yesterday in the mail (yes, I got the Super-nerd package - Gold vinyl, expanded artwork, etc). I have only listened twice but I am really really liking this album. I have been a fan of theirs for a long time, and this is definately thier best record thusfuar. Plus the production is perfect (helped by the all mighty Eric Rutan of Morbid Angel and Hate Eternal). Definately worth checking out. The link is not my favorite track on the album, but the only one on YouTube. Enjoy...

:rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
2002's Reawaken by Onward has just been reissued/remastered, not to be overlooked if you missed it the first time...

:rockin:

Hey guys! Thanks for the list of songs to use on Ale and Metal TV. We are going through them now. Some interesting ones in there.
Here's the new episode of ALE AND METAL TV! -Cheers

Hey Headbanger. I am curious what metal blogs / websites you go to in order to find all the music you post. I used to have a ton of blogs I would visit, but many of them have been taken down (after file sharing pretty much became nonexistent). Just curious.

Hey Headbanger. I am curious what metal blogs / websites you go to in order to find all the music you post. I used to have a ton of blogs I would visit, but many of them have been taken down (after file sharing pretty much became nonexistent). Just curious.

I receive a lot of promos so when I have the time, like today, I'll go through them and cull what I don't like and then circle back around to the ones I do like and dig in. I also receive a lot of feedback from friends and colleagues as to pretty much anything they find worthy. It works well because some of those guys focus on genres that I don't necessarily keep track of and this way I only have to listen to what I already know is good before even hearing it. But to answer your question, as far as the web these are about the only ones I frequent...

Metalcrypt - Great reviews buy guys who really know and love metal but watch your step if you decide to post there.

Metal Archives - Probably the single most comprehensive metal reference resource anywhere.

Angry Metal Guy - I don't do blogs much but this guy knows what he's talking about for the most part, emphasis on most.

I have been listening to this band since Diadem of 12 Stars came out. I mean, I like ambient music from time to time, but this is just too much of a left turn for me to follow. I will not be picking this up. I am wondering if they are now just trolling the metal community. Like look, these idiots will eat up anything we put out just cause the name, or if they are seriously taking the band in this direction. It is sad either way.

I have been listening to this band since Diadem of 12 Stars came out. I mean, I like ambient music from time to time, but this is just too much of a left turn for me to follow. I will not be picking this up. I am wondering if they are now just trolling the metal community. Like look, these idiots will eat up anything we put out just cause the name, or if they are seriously taking the band in this direction. It is sad either way.

Some bands confuse evolution with getting better. Evolution can also mean that you'll be extinct ;)

Here's some good ol' black metal:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqxY3TS7w8k[/ame]

Maybe they are trying to go the Ulver route? I love early and late Ulver stuff, but that new WITTR sounds like a soundtrack to some indie film that is trying to be dark and aminous. They need to stick to trying to sound like Weakling. That is when they were at thier best!

Shame about that new WITTR record. I'd heard it was bad but hadn't checked it out yet. Since I'm in the thread with metal heads - check out my new homebrew labels. One with a nod to SUNN O))

Burnt Offerings Flat.jpg

Blackberry Nightmare Flat.jpg

Shame about that new WITTR record. I'd heard it was bad but hadn't checked it out yet. Since I'm in the thread with metal heads - check out my new homebrew labels. One with a nod to SUNN O))

Very nice! FC also makes some awesome metal-inspired labels. :mug:

Latest posts

Back