What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice IPA. Crisp American hop character, strong bitterness that's not too harsh and a faint but supportive malt character. Very nice experience for my first from 21st Amendment.

20130312_183000-175.jpg

LoloMT7 said:
good pick! I love that g'knight

I'm torn between this and torpedo!! The six pack outlet up the street has them both pretty cheap (for pa standards) and the owner likes to drink almost as much as I do, haha. He drinks my brew and practically gives me the pick of his srock

I'm torn between this and torpedo!! The six pack outlet up the street has them both pretty cheap (for pa standards) and the owner likes to drink almost as much as I do, haha. He drinks my brew and practically gives me the pick of his srock

Torpedo is everywhere around here and pretty cheap (It is usually about 6.99 a 6-pack no sales tax in MT either) but I can't get any oskar blues here... got 2 of them on a trade and love them though. :mug:

Deciding which growler from New Holland to crack first after a good brewday. I knew yesterday would be epic after walking onto the lhbs with a few MO/Falconers and Bloody Beer bottles to share with the owner and he was ctacking the.first of his Oberon clone. The fiance and I hung out and had about 5 each before heading to the brewery. I started with a few of thier year round drafts ie Mad Hatter, Full Circle. Then had this beauty, Water Sign IPA 65IBU and completely locally sourced and damn delicious to boot. Went perfect with the appetizer of Mad Hatter IPA beer cheese spread!

ForumRunner_20130312_195818.jpg

Pretty solid DIPA and my first from Boulevard. Nice piney notes and some dankness are quite pleasing. Bigger malt character than your typical DIPA but it's merely supportive of the hops. The bitterness could be a bit smoother for my tastes, but it's very good overall.

20130312_194200-176.jpg

4 packs are the way to go on Smokestack stuff. Some of the series is only in 750s and I picked up a Rye on Rye to cellar a few years, but for the year round stuff it's about the same price for 48 ozs in 4 bottles or 25.4ozs in one.

Beersel Geuze. Barely touched the cork and it rocketed outta there!

View attachment 107125

I haven't tried the 'new' oud Beersel. It's been a few years now, probably not so new anymore. How is it?

Torpedo is everywhere around here and pretty cheap (It is usually about 6.99 a 6-pack no sales tax in MT either) but I can't get any oskar blues here... got 2 of them on a trade and love them though. :mug:

There east coast brewery is pretty close. Not sure if I can get anything beyond regular line up, but I'm looking for Dissident.

I haven't tried the 'new' oud Beersel. It's been a few years now, probably not so new anymore. How is it?

Not quite as enlightening as I recall, still a nice lemony tartness but it seems to be missing a bit of that dusty funk. But still really worthwhile and enjoyable, IMO

Nice! I've still got two more to bottle before I am ready to turn them in. Thankfully I was able to get in at NY which is only a couple hours away so I can drop them off in person.

Your lucky. Wish there was one in Texas but there isnt. So the closes is Tulsa, its not too far away but i'm not driving there lol. My other two i already bottled from the keg and ready to go. Just got a mead bottled today. Should send out soon. Atleast by friday. I hope they will do good.

Good luck to you :mug:

Now drinking a growlers of Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot '13

From LoloMT7

image-134528500.jpg

Triple is my least favorite style of Belgian strong ale. Not a bad attempt. I think it would lose points in competition for some alcohol in the aroma and lingering in the flavor, too. Do get some orange, faint banana. Good malty sweetness. Good lacing, head retention. Seems under-carbonated for style.

I'm practicing to judge my first comp next month. Thanks again Lolo. You sent some big beers, I'm gonna be a little less lucid by the third one. :D

Followed by Cabin Fever and lime chamomile green tea Kombucha, filled a growler.of these as well. I may now try my hand at kombucha

ForumRunner_20130312_201853.jpg

Your lucky. Wish there was one in Texas but there isnt. So the closes is Tulsa, its not too far away but i'm not driving there lol. My other two i already bottled from the keg and ready to go. Just got a mead bottled today. Should send out soon. Atleast by friday. I hope they will do good.

Good luck to you :mug:

Now drinking a growlers of Sierra Nevada - Bigfoot '13

I'm hoping the same for mine. IIRC, you're entering a DIPA same as me. It'd be cool if they did battle in the second round. Good luck to you as well. :mug:

Well !HAPPY BIRTHDAY! man see if you can consume one of each hehe

I dont think i can do that but i can try!!

Drie Fonteinen. Any other tough questions you need help with?

I'm definitely having one of the oude gueze no doubt. Also i got lined up is Firestone-walker XV & XVI and Saint Arnold Pumpkinator and deciding one what else

I'm hoping the same for mine. IIRC, you're entering a DIPA same as me. It'd be cool if they did battle in the second round. Good luck to you as well. :mug:

I got a DIPA, Mild, and Lemon/basil Mead. I hope they battle each out. It will be epic! Mine will win though lol :mug:

Simcoe/Citra IPA. Pissed that the keg hop, only lasted about a week. Seriously, 2 oz's each of simcoe and Citra should last longer. I'm very disappointed because this smelled so good, only a couple of days ago.:(

I'd assumed this would be a quad, but looks like its a (very) strong golden ale.

image-1166245108.jpg

Not as much fruit or spice in the nose as I like for BSGA. Can't tell from pic, but seems a little dark for style. Under carbed. I detect no major flaws or off flavors. Slight alcohol warmth, but it's pleasant. Beer seems sweet, but I think that's the abv and not lack of attenuation. Some lacing, poor head retention. Probably along the lines of Piraat or Goulden Draak.

I'd assumed this would be a quad, but looks like its a (very) strong golden ale.

View attachment 107171

Not as much fruit or spice in the nose as I like for BSGA. Can't tell from pic, but seems a little dark for style. Under carbed. I detect no major flaws or off flavors. Slight alcohol warmth, but it's pleasant. Beer seems sweet, but I think that's the abv and not lack of attenuation. Some lacing, poor head retention. Probably along the lines of Piraat or Goulden Draak.

Thanks I like to hear the feedback.
Just dug out my notes and it was 12.75 lbs pils and 8 oz dexta pils (maybe should have tried wheat to help with the head ?) 1 lb candi sugar and 1 lb wildflower honey at 10 mins in boil (I taste the honey as the sweetness you mentioned) Perle @ 90 mins Spaltz @ 10 and Spaltz @ 5 mins.. notes say that the candi sugar was the dark..
I'm not sure about the 1388 yeast mostly... i get this dirty socks smell. But it has faded with time.

Edit: OG 1.090 FG was 1.011

Latest posts

Back