Can't find 5g PETE bottle link?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellysell

Reaction score
I've searched and searched and can't find the link for the cheap 5 gallon PETE carboys that I saw posted here and bookmarked on my other computer that isn't working at the moment. Can anyone help?

What seperates a better bottle from these besides the crazy expensive accesories they sell for the better bottle? They are both made of PET.... I just don't know how much of the stuff on better-bottle.com is marketing mumbo jumbo and how much is actually important.

Well, I bought 2 bottles from that link. Worst case scenario is now I have 2 plastic bottles to bring to my local reverse osmosis place for filling - I had been bringing my glass carboys!

Well, I bought 2 bottles from that link. Worst case scenario is now I have 2 plastic bottles to bring to my local reverse osmosis place for filling - I had been bringing my glass carboys!

With all the "exploding" carboy threads I would think that would be like taking a bomb into the store. You might sever someones head off with that. :p

I also bought a 6 gal BB from AHS for my primary, but I have to think 'The special PET from which these carboys are made' is just marketing. PET is a chemical compound/composition. I don't see how one version of PET can be better than another. I'm not a chemist, however.

Latest posts

Back