NFL Draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Chit chat. Who's finally going to pick Quinn? I think the Bears if he's still there.

Uh, yeah. they did. Charles Johnson.

I was afraid the Vikings or Packers were going to draft Quinn. I was screaming at the tv for them not to pick him. I wanted the Bears to trade up but they really have a lot of other needs, DT, OL, WR, and maybe a TE so I guess it's for the best....

Looks like Olsen is going to fall to the Bears....hopefully they don't screw this up.

Flyin' Lion said:
Brady Quinn goes all the way to #22, WTF?

That's amazing - wasn't there some talk of Cleveland taking him at #3?

I tell you what - playing for a couple of years for Charlie Weis has got to do wonders for getting him to play at this level. Good pick for the Browns.

If Randy Moss doesn't succeed in New England, he's not going to do well anywhere. The structure is in place for him to revive his career. His numbers won't be like they were in Minny, simply because Brady has too many weapons now and will always be looking to spread the ball.

What I love about the deal - Moss tore up his contract and signed a new, ONE YEAR, THREE MILLION dollar contract (plus about $2M in incentives). That's phenomenally cheap for a player of his talent and stature. It also means that if he acts up, Belichick can pull the plug with no real impact on the salary cap.

It's not guaranteed that it will work out, but I think its very likely that it will, and if it doesn't it only cost us a fourth rounder. I can't wait to see Brady throw to this guy - he's always had a bunch of small guys, he's never had a player quite like Moss.

the_bird said:
What I love about the deal - Moss tore up his contract and signed a new, ONE YEAR, THREE MILLION dollar contract (plus about $2M in incentives). That's phenomenally cheap for a player of his talent and stature. It also means that if he acts up, Belichick can pull the plug with no real impact on the salary cap.

Where are you getting that? I heard it was close to 10 mil.

April 29, 2007
Moss contract
Randy Moss wasn't kidding about being willing to play for less money. The contract he agreed to with the Patriots reduced his pay for 2007 to $3 million. He was scheduled to earn $9.75 million. Moss can also earn more in incentives.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I've seen it reported elsewhere, too. He tore up his old contract and agreed to a one-year deal for $3M, that can be worth up to $5M with incentives (tough ones, like 85 catches). He WAS scheduled to make around $10M in each of the next two years, but since Oakland probably would have cut him, he wouldn't have seen that (I doubt any of that money was guaranteed). No idea if he got any bonuses from the Pats on this deal, but since it's a one-year contract, there's really no cap hit if he acts up and Belichick cuts him.

Back