What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TORPEDO I really like this stuff, my wife not so much. Lol

image-727721229.jpg

Flat 12 Cucumber Kolsch. Interesting beer. Huge cucumber nose. Taste more like cucumber and beer. I like it, but I don't think I could drink more than one at a time.

image-1416869541.jpg

New Holland Rye Hatter, this is where its at with the Hatter series, this and Oak Aged Hatter are ridiculous. Columbus happiness in these

ForumRunner_20130618_200243.jpg

What was left in the bottling bucket after I ran out of cleaned bottles for my batch of hard cider.

image-3392547090.jpg

NIZZLE said:
hope it turned out better than mine :-(

It's okay. It should be better as it sits.
When I make it again I'll probably use cider yeast instead of champagne yeast. I back sweetened and flavored using the recipe from the caramel apple hard cider thread. I think next time I'll back sweeten with more apple juice concentrate and add more cinnamon extract.
Now comes the part I've been nervous about, letting it carb just till its ready and then pasteurizing. I've only pasteurized still rice wine, never anything carbonated. I'll definitely be wearing safety glasses for that!

It's okay. It should be better as it sits.
When I make it again I'll probably use cider yeast instead of champagne yeast. I back sweetened and flavored using the recipe from the caramel apple hard cider thread. I think next time I'll back sweeten with more apple juice concentrate and add more cinnamon extract.
Now comes the part I've been nervous about, letting it carb just till its ready and then pasteurizing. I've only pasteurized still rice wine, never anything carbonated. I'll definitely be wearing safety glasses for that!

Well we all live and we all learn cheers :)

Hellyeah it's badass so when do you what to meet up so you can have one of your Owen and we can get drunk of course :p

Gotts see what swmbos schedule looks like. I know we have a trip to Detroit slated in two weeks but after that we may be able to work it out. She loved Vivant so it would prob be there first then hit Perrin?

Remmy said:
Had it in a bottle near the Airport. Tasted like licorice. Puke.

I've never gotten licorice from that either. It's certainly heavily Oaked and not everyone's cup if tea. For what it is, it one of the best! Now you know you don't like it so you'll never buy any more so we can drink more!

Latest posts

Back