What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peche Mortel from duel du ciel. Amazing chocolatey coffee from this one, hides its abv well

ForumRunner_20130921_124044.jpg

Rocky Head Brewery Pale Ale

ForumRunner_20130921_213821.jpg

Apparently it's had "an obscene amount of New World leaf hops added at every possible stage of the brewing process". Getting a lot of Nelson?

mcbaumannerb said:
Coffee ... heading to the Renaissance Faire ... a whole new world of people to mock ;) Hopefully they will have beer that is worth drinking.

Last time my buddy was down there he said the head brewer was dumber then a box of rocks and didn't know beer from water, said all the beers were horrible. But that was last year and from what I heard they change brewers about ever 3 months because they can't find a good one. Post up how it is this time

Tester/half bottle of my blueberry rhubarb saison. Coming along well, looking forward to trying a fully carbed one

image-199436660.jpg

JTTX80 said:
First time having this. Delicious, don't even taste the 9% alcohol. Still need to finish my keezer.
Just had that last night also and had the same impression ! Really liked and was surprised to find
I asked the manager if many folks were buying it and he said no they were tuned off buy the packaging and being a 4 pack
I almost missed it myself but it dang good

I'm done with the garage drinking. Just punched 2 coconut porters.

mcbaumannerb said:
Finished yardwork for the day, Now working on dinner ... making some apple turnovers ... and enjoying this excellent, funky saison Brett - thanks Gabe! :mug: Goes really well with triple cream Brie!

Same here! At least on the yard work...

Pre game before the DU banquet

image-227718700.jpg

Well, we'll see because I'm going to give it my best shot. What is it that makes it so hard?

Hoppy and yeasty combined with boozey is often too much going on. Not saying it can't be done, but I also can't think of a good commercial example off the top of my head.

Some skeeter before getting stuff for a double brew tonight. A hefe and coffee stout

Wow. I'm impressed. I have a hard time getting two brews done when I start first thing. Good luck!

Finished yardwork for the day,

View attachment 149541

Now working on dinner ... making some apple turnovers ... and enjoying this excellent, funky saison Brett - thanks Gabe! :mug:

View attachment 149542

Goes really well with triple cream Brie!

Cheers buddy! Glad you like it. That one has gone through some phases, several of which were less than good. Seems like it's hit the sweet spot though.

image-543293558.jpg

A smarter person would have opened this over the sink, but it wasn't too bad with the extra glasses. Checking my brew log before opening would have confirmed the sink as the best option. Bottled at 1.006 which was about 4 points higher than saison Brett blend had been finishing and primed to 3.5 volumes. Still fun to open a magnum for my wife's bday!

Well I was going to have my very last bottle of Frozen Hose American Stout, but it turned out to be a gusher even after two weeks in the fridge. Now I am having undercarbed barleywine as I begin crushing 13# of grain for tomorrow's brew.

ForumRunner_20130921_174001.jpg

Celt Silures again - really good this one.

ForumRunner_20130921_224552.jpg

Pretty sure it's centennial... I could be entirely wrong though...

A smarter person would have opened this over the sink, but it wasn't too bad with the extra glasses. Checking my brew log before opening would have confirmed the sink as the best option. Bottled at 1.006 which was about 4 points higher than saison Brett blend had been finishing and primed to 3.5 volumes. Still fun to open a magnum for my wife's bday!

Happy birthday gabes wife :)

The last bastion of hope on the west coast for pumpkin beers for me is more than a little....underwhelming. The aroma on this is fantastic and everything I would want a pumpkin beer to smell like; then I drank it and got the subdued spice, little malt and even less pumpkin flavor. Odds are the other three of these will sit in the fridge until I can find someone else who wants to drink them, what a shame

ForumRunner_20130921_145934.png

Slammed that down as fast as possible and switched to this

ForumRunner_20130921_150020.png

Amazingly well balanced and another great offering from Almanac. Can't wait to snag the cluster and Chinook variations

Helped my parents moved into their beautiful new house pictured below... Place has a wrap around pond and a in ground pool

Also has a in ground wine cellar with random bottles and a whiskey barrel- also had this jug of mystery liquid that smells like black velvet

Currently i am starting at this jug debating on whether to try it or not....

ForumRunner_20130921_183815.jpg

ForumRunner_20130921_183836.jpg

ForumRunner_20130921_183904.jpg

ForumRunner_20130921_184138.png

ForumRunner_20130921_184159.jpg

ForumRunner_20130921_184223.png

ForumRunner_20130921_184243.png

gonna have a Goosetown from Schell's. just got back from picking wild grapes. some of those old ones are about 4" diameter at the base. birds got most of them though. I only ended up with 1.8 pounds.

Helped my parents moved into their beautiful new house pictured below... Place has a wrap around pond and a in ground pool

Also has a in ground wine cellar with random bottles and a whiskey barrel- also had this jug of mystery liquid that smells like black velvet

Try it try it hey I got a great idea try it :ban:

Billy-Klubb said:
gonna have a Goosetown from Schell's. just got back from picking wild grapes. some of those old ones are about 4" diameter at the base. birds got most of them though. I only ended up with 1.8 pounds.

Just picked grapes I planted on the fence line. Damn crows prolly took out 2/3 of the grapes before I got to them. There were nothing but grape skins scattered everywhere. Still grabbed 15 pounds and am getting ready to make some jelly!

:rockin:

Drinking on some dirty bastards whilst cleaning a butt load of grapes!

I've got cellar envy! That's super cool. Personally, don't think I'd drink it.

paint me floccin' jealous!:rockin:

Nukes frozen hose stout. Wasnt sure what to expect going into it as i didnt know what kind of stout it was. Pours pitch black with very little head into the glass. Has a great roasty and toffee like aroma that stayed consistent throughout the whole drink. The flavor is very roasty, dry and clean. Im guessing this is a dry stout as im not picking up any residual sweetness that might come from some lactose.

If there is one thing ive noticed from nukes brew is that his fermentation technique is down pat. Always clean, producing some extremely easy drinking beers whether 10.5% or 5%. This stout is no exception. I really enjoy how it focuses on one direction with not too much going on.

Nice roasted flavor with an extremely clean finish. Another solid brew from our friend Nuke!

image-3241857544.jpg

CliffMongoloid said:
Helped my parents moved into their beautiful new house pictured below... Place has a wrap around pond and a in ground pool Also has a in ground wine cellar with random bottles and a whiskey barrel- also had this jug of mystery liquid that smells like black velvet Currently i am starting at this jug debating on whether to try it or not....
1 vote for drink

Back