Alexander's Sun Country Barbera

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnerdude1

Reaction score
I have bought 4 cans of Alexander's Sun Country Barbera (46 oz cans). Last year I took the same amount and made 10 gal of Barbera and mixed it with 15 gals of Blackberry fruit. My question is has anybody, just poured the contents of the concentrate into about 10 gal of blackberry wine and let it all ferment in the primary?

Thanks...

Are you talking about adding the Alexander's to a completed blackberry wine? If so, I'd ferment separately and then blend the two completed wines. Otherwise, just ferment the Alexander's and blackberries and sugar together.

Ok..I will have about 10 to 15 gal of blackberries or about 40 to 50 lbs. So I will just dump two cans of Alexanders in there and then put some oak chips in the secondary. Knew you had made the mix before, so this is why I e/mailed you. Thanks Rick Turner

Yes, just add the concentrate and use your hydrometer to adjust the gravity to about 1.090 or so - more if you'd like. I like to use about three pounds blackberries per gallon, though another pound or two in the secondary would be great.

Back