RTD sensor for stock thermowell in Stout Tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mb2658

Reaction score
I am looking into Stout kettles for my electric brewery build. I know that the thermometers that come with the kettles will fit into the thermowells. I am trying to figure out what if any RTD probe will fit in the thermowells that Stout welds in to their kettles. Does anyone have experience with this? I figure that I will use a tri clover T on the output of the herms coil to place a rtd probe for mash temp. Would I be better off ordering a tri clover port where I can add an RTD probe instead of the thermowell? Thanks in advance.

I am looking into Stout kettles for my electric brewery build. I know that the thermometers that come with the kettles will fit into the thermowells. I am trying to figure out what if any RTD probe will fit in the thermowells that Stout welds in to their kettles. Does anyone have experience with this? I figure that I will use a tri clover T on the output of the herms coil to place a rtd probe for mash temp. Would I be better off ordering a tri clover port where I can add an RTD probe instead of the thermowell? Thanks in advance.

Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Thanks.

cheez said:
Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Thanks.

I ended up going with tri-clamp thermowells, which You can order from Stout instead of the fixed thermowells. I am doing a Brewtroller build so I bought the temp sensors from Oscsys.com. They fit in the thermowells with a 1/2 to 1/4 compression adapter.

Back