What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396917928.494362.jpg heavenly

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ended up grabbing 4 Firestone Double Jacks and a bomber of Shipyard imperial stout. $19 total. Going back tomorrow.

My stout is tasting pretty floccing good after coming out of that barrel.

Having a bomber of my latest DIPA.

Let's go, UConn. Stop stressing me the **** out!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396920168.751932.jpg

First: HB Sasion

Second: HB Imperial IPA

Third: (Currently) Gubna from Oskar Blues

All this while getting my gear ready to head out fishing for Kokanee tomorrow. Its going to be almost 90 degrees here in California tomorrow. Crazy!!!

How does it compare to the Terrapin?

Different monster here. Its all maris otter and i used conan so its pretty fruity. Damn good though. Btw, go back buy boulevards imperial stout and lovechild! Best decision you will make all week :D

Now drinking this curtesy of Clint, so good!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396922213.888575.jpg

For UCONN

Bourbon barrel aged Imperial Biscotti break

Cigar city hopped on the high seas Kohatu

Tree house brewing Green

NEBCo Galaxy pale

That BA IBB was unreal totally worth the $

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

A strawberry blonde by Hello. Poured a nice head the settled to a nice thin layer. Color is nice and I get the strawberry in the aroma. Taste is fermented strawberry with a little sweetness, followed by good bitter bite and a balanced finish. My extract version (we brewed at the same time) is similar, but a little more carb, a darker color, and without the bitter/crisp finish. I guess I can give mine a break. My most recent taste was not as bad as my previous one and I've learned that I'm just not a big fan of fermented strawberry. But my strawberries went in primary and her's went through secondary and I think that is the the biggest disadvantage to mine. Mine has other minor, but evident flaws. I won't dump it, though.

DSC04511.jpg

A strawberry blonde by Hello. Poured a nice head the settled to a nice thin layer. Color is nice and I get the strawberry in the aroma. Taste is fermented strawberry with a little sweetness, followed by good bitter bite and a balanced finish. My extract version (we brewed at the same time) is similar, but a little more carb, a darker color, and without the bitter/crisp finish. I guess I can give mine a break. My most recent taste was not as bad as my previous one and I've learned that I'm just not a big fan of fermented strawberry. But my strawberries went in primary and her's went through secondary and I think that is the the biggest disadvantage to mine. Mine has other minor, but evident flaws. I won't dump it, though.

I learned a lot of lessons about how fermented flavors vs the actual stuff are so different in my first year.
Having Vivant Triomphe Belgo IPA

My buddy flew out to Chicago this weekend and drove down to Dallas today!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396923400.307479.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Some hb raspberry berliner weisse that I got from zinc saucier in the sour swap. My god this is fantastic! !! Why are my favorite beers in trades usually homebrew? Soooo good

1396923434671.jpg

Nope. Troegs doesn't distribute here. The Nugget Nectar wasn't crazy at Table and Vine, $12 I think for a sixer. Btw, that shop looks awesome. Which one is it?

Nice wine shop that has a back room for craft beer. Asked the front guy if he had any KBS. He scratched his head and didn't know. Another guy (customer) said they got 12 bottles. He was there to pick up #5. LOL...Crazy beer.

http://www.bermansfinewines.com/

Another HB IIPA. I have left the hops in the keg for about 3 weeks. 2 oz each of Citra and Mosaic. Its like eating a slice of mango wrapped around a grapefruit. Crazy.

And love that this is the 93000 post!!! Easily the biggest thread on this site. Glad to be a part.

Not sure how far into CT you are but there's a nice shop in NY (about 10 mins from the Tappan Zee bridge and the Palisades Mall) named Cable Beverage. Good spot and the guy know craft beer very well. He's one of us.

See how far it is from you. I know they have Nugget Nectar in 6's and bombers.

http://www.cablebeverages.com/

Back